Just got my very first VP order!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Joyful!, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Jul 22, 2010

I am SO pleased. I just received my first order from Vista Print. It looks great!

I also wanted to share that in the same order, I was able to order horizontal and vertical business cards, as reported here, but also an order of customer loyalty cards, which are the same size as a business card, but with squares to mark purchases. This is great for me to keep track of points in my game and would likely work well for those of you who do economies.

3. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jul 22, 2010

I am glad you were so pleased - now you know what all the fuss was about ;)

4. Braydon's Mom

Braydon's Mom Rookie

Jul 22, 2010

I just got my order, too! I got a free pen, my welcome postcards, thank you notes and locker magnets!!! Woo hooo

5. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Jul 22, 2010

Yup, and I am glad to know it!!!

Do you ever just go make stuff, just cause you can? I know I am totally addicted. Thanks for showing me the way!:cool:

6. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 22, 2010

Welcome to the addiction, umm, I mean club!

7. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Jul 23, 2010

I ordered the freebies from VP. My husband is a printer and kept saying, "You got these free?"

8. Iteach782

Iteach782 Comrade

Jul 23, 2010

any new emails from vistaprint anyone? Vistaprint no longer emails me w/ their latest promotion. :(

9. TeachinHicks

TeachinHicks Comrade

Jul 23, 2010

I got my first order of the summer last week...I got a banner, postcards, business cards, and a stamp.

The banner turned out BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't wait to go hang it up in my room!!! :D

Such an addiction...

10. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jul 23, 2010

I have three banners hanging in my classroom and just about everyone in my entire building has commented on the banners. I think the banners are my favorite vista item. I just wish I could think of more creative ideas for the banners :)

11. Andrea L

Andrea L Habitué

12. MzMooreTeaches

MzMooreTeaches Cohort

Jul 23, 2010

I'm late to the vista print craze.... can someone fill me in?

13. sweetlatina23

sweetlatina23 Cohort

Jul 23, 2010

does anyone have any banner ideas? i only have a welcomng banner for my room and i want more...any ideas you could share? also i've seen some nice pictures of items...do u have to pay extra for the diff grraphics? thanks

14. smurfette

smurfette Habitué

Jul 23, 2010

You can get banners to hang outside your room when your class does something well. We got some for the 4th grade team that say things like "Science Stars" or "Heroic Historians." We have periodic competitions between the classes and the winning class can hang it out in the hallway.

I'm thinking of doing one to hang on days when everyone completes their homework. Maybe put a square of plastic on it where I can write how many days in a row we've completed it. (HW is an issue at our school.)

I also got a Happy Birthday one for our birthday breakfasts. (Once a month a grade level hosts a breakfast to celebrate everyone who had a birthday that month.) It says something like, "Happy Birthday from 4th grade!"

I always use the free graphics.

15. smurfette

smurfette Habitué

Jul 23, 2010

Vista Print is a company that prints business cards, banners, magnets, hats, shirts, etc. You can get certain things for free, up to 4 per order. Once you order, they start sending you all kinds of sick coupons. Among the things I've gotten (many for just the price of shipping and handling, others bought b/c I wanted something special):

a welcome banner
    a birthday banner
    a math, science, and history banner
    welcome-back-to-school postcards
    team t-shirts
    a recess hat
    personalized pens for the team
    a voice-level sign (on a car-door magnet)
    little magnets for the students to hang important info on their fridges
    reward magnets (on a car-door-sized magnet)
    thank you notes for field trip chaperones
    a stamp with my name for my books
    personalized mouse pads

Look it up!

16. Teacher Chele

Teacher Chele Habitué

Jul 23, 2010

My name is Michele and I am a Vista Print addict.

17. smurfette

smurfette Habitué

Jul 23, 2010

:lol:

My name is Smurfette, and I am a Vista Print addict.

18. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Jul 23, 2010

Read this thread. This is the one that pushed me over the line!
    :lol:

http://forums.atozteacherstuff.com/showthread.php?t=109837

As to the banner, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the homework idea.

For me, I have a detective theme going on, so we got some that says "Welcome Agents, Division 6" with our school's theme on it as well. We just used what was available, rather than uploading.

19. TeachinHicks

TeachinHicks Comrade

Jul 23, 2010

:rofl:

My name is TeachinHicks and I too am a VP addict...

maybe we need a support group...:lol:

20. smurfette

smurfette Habitué

Jul 23, 2010

Yeah, I'm like one of those junkies who can't even talk about their addiction. After my last post, I checked my e-mail for the latest coupons. I went and ordered some conference postcards (copied off a thread from last year), a personalized pen for my last teammate (I've gotten ones for my other teammates and myself in my last few orders), a rack card to remind my kids about bold beginnings and excellent endings, and labels for their science notebooks (also copied from another thread).

21. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Jul 23, 2010

Yeah, I keep clicking from this tab to the one at VP :lol: Just in case I think of something I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

22. smurfette

smurfette Habitué

Jul 23, 2010

I PURPOSELY did not click on this thread. Now, I can't resist. All this VP talk has gotten me started again. I love some of those key chain ideas.

23. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 23, 2010

We don't have hallways - just covered walkways outside, so I made a banner that ways "Welcome to our learning adventure!" It has a background picture of a jungle and a VERY pretty tiger (our school mascot). I'd like to use it for another purpose, but can't figure out how to turn the banner longways... anyone?

24. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jul 23, 2010

I just tried to do an order, and it wouldn't process my order as free. I got VERY frustrated that I had just designed all this stuff that should have rung up as free. I've never had this problem before, so maybe it was a glitch, but I am too frustrated now to recreate the things I just created, if that makes sense. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow...

25. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jul 23, 2010

Two quick things - check the date on the email your were ordering from. Sometimes you can order from expired emails and sometimes you can's. Also, everything you create is stored in your portfolio. Click on "my account" at the top right side, from there you should have the option to view "my portfolio." Everything that has ever been in your cart, should be there. To order those items in your portfolio using the free email, start with the email, click on your free item, once you are taken to the vista page, then click on "my account", then 'my portfolio" and then I think you click on reorder and go from there. Hope this helps

26. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Jul 23, 2010

How do you use them in this orientation?

27. Teachings4Me

Teachings4Me Companion

Jul 24, 2010

I just got my first order the other day! It was like Christmas :)
    I got a rubber stamp that says "This belongs to: Ms. Teachings4Me." As a new teacher, I'll be putting my name all over everything. Also, postcards for absent work, a personalized notepad with my name and the school's name on it, and business cards that I designed as homework passes the students can earn and I'll give out for birthdays. OH! and return address labels since I just moved. :)

I *heart* Vista Print now.

28. sweetlatina23

sweetlatina23 Cohort

Jul 24, 2010

I used VP last year and haven't really had a chance to buy anything. Today, I have spent the last 6 hours going over my orders, granted I went for dinner and came back but still I have been on here for a while now. I finally got everything that I wanted. Although there were a few items I had to leave behind because shipping was getting too expensive for me, I didnt have much to use extra. ...But i think i must admit this is very addicting.

I had so much fun though and I have many ideas running through my head now. Thanks for the links to the free stuff!! v

Its now almost 5am...time for bed!

29. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Jul 24, 2010

Don't get addicted! I'm glad that you loved your purchases :)

30. Miz_Aich

Miz_Aich Rookie

Jul 24, 2010

The VP prayer...

Forgive me credit card, for I have charged...

It's been 3 days since my last vistaprint order, but I don't think I'll make it much longer. My fellow posters on this forum have ignited my creativity and now I can't imagine making it through the coming year without adapting their ideas for my classroom.

31. aThriftyTeacher

aThriftyTeacher Rookie

Jul 24, 2010

I gotta thank you all! I had no idea what VP was until I read this thread. I went and made a cute banner for my classroom, got a cute note pad, and I turned some address labels into personalized classroom stickers! Thanks!

32. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Jul 24, 2010

For me, I am using the vertical ones to keep track of points in my game. The top is binoculars, the big lettering has the agency name, then instead of address, phone, web, I put the categories of points (ie awards, homework, grades) and then I put a line after each one to put the number earned.

However, anything you could put on a horizontal, you could put on a vertical.

The stuff was very nice quality. I find myself creating all kinds of things for the rest of the year and then plan to order as the year progresses. (Who am I kidding, like I could wait that long!:lol:)

33. MissNikki

MissNikki Comrade

Jul 25, 2010

Anyone find free or cheap shipping codes recently?

34. MzMooreTeaches

MzMooreTeaches Cohort

Jul 26, 2010

Uh oh! Thanks for filling me in! As much as I'm on A to Z... I can now add one more website to my list of internet websites I must visit to get my daily fix, LOL!

35. MzMooreTeaches

MzMooreTeaches Cohort

Jul 26, 2010

My brain is buzzing with new ideas!!! Oh the possibilities of things I can do with VP!

I think once the routine of my day is set. I would like to get my class schedule place on magnets.. so by chance if anything changes throughout the day they will know ahead of time and we can use the magnets to move them around. I would just need to leave space to write the times on them.

(Thats my first idea after looking over VP for about 5mins...)

36. sweetlatina23

sweetlatina23 Cohort

Jul 26, 2010

i know what you mean...i think im gonna have to learn to budget my checks to include at least one vp order a month...i can't wait until my stuff comes in

its so sad that at work i've shared vp with them and no one cared to take advantage so i had no one to share my addiction with lol

37. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 26, 2010

I know! Everyone LOVES the stuff I have made - but no one (that I know of) takes advantage of VP. Oh, the loneliness of the VP addict!

38. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Jul 26, 2010

I have one convert.....my team teacher. She's into it!!

I have a feeling once people see what we've done we can get a full blown following. I also am working on admin. They do an annual theme and what could be better than a free banner!

In answer to the shipping post, no. Today I got one for free shipping over a $30 order. Not too helpful for the just free stuff.