Just got into my classroom!

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by cdowdell, Jul 16, 2007.

1. cdowdell

cdowdell Companion

Jul 16, 2007

I just wanted to share my excitement....I just graduated in May and will be teaching Kindergarten!! I am so excited and extremly nervous! The room I am in was a kindergarten room last year and that teacher moved to third grade...she left me a lot of things. Now it's time to start sorting and organizing it all...I'm thinking it's gonna take a bit :/ But I"m thankful for all that she left me.

I have gotten a ton of helpful advice on here and thanks to all of you! Just wanted to share my excitement!

3. ErikaG

ErikaG Rookie

Jul 16, 2007

Congratulations on your new job! I graduated in May too and will be teaching 2nd. I am excited and overwhelmed. There is so much to do!

4. wannateachintx

wannateachintx Rookie

Jul 16, 2007

Congrats! I sign my contract Wednesday afternoon and beginning next Monday (principal on vacation) I can get in my classroom. Am really anxious to get started and see what I got and have to do.

5. Miss_snugs

Miss_snugs Rookie

Jul 17, 2007

Congrats! That's so exciting! You'll feel much better once you go through everything and get it organized. good luck!

6. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 17, 2007

Congrats! Kindergarten is a wonderful grade to teach. There are a ton of great kindergarten websites out there. Be sure to check those out for information. I've taught kinder and I really learned to be patient, espcecially the first few weeks of school! :D Good luck.