Just got an ipad

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by KLSSwimmer, Feb 12, 2012.

1. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Feb 12, 2012

I just got an ipadand I am pumped! What are your favorite apps? I've found some apps for the classroom, but what do you like to use?

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Feb 12, 2012

My apps are so not educationally related: (well, maybe the two word ones are...)
    Hanging with friends
    Scramble with friends
    Got Water?

I'm kind of over Angry Birds...it makes me angry!

4. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Feb 12, 2012

5. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Feb 12, 2012

I just went to a workshop this week and one of the sesssions was about different apps. I haven't had time to look at all of them but here are the ones the presenter had chosen as some of the best for teachers:
    TED, Dictionary, Google Search, Qwiki, OverDrive, How stuff works, NAS Science 360, EMD PTE, Teacherpal, Dropbox, ItunesU, Quick Graph, Flashardlet, Brain Pop, MathQuizzer, QuickOffice Pro, Educreations, Puppet Pls HD, Toontastic, Red Stamp and QR tags in the classroom go to http://grcode.kaywa.com to create a free qu code.

My personal favs right now are Chess with Friends, Sky View (you can find constellations), The Weather Channel, Living Earth, Around Me, of course Pinterest, Pandora, Brain Trainer, Netflex, Common Core, Iheartradio, Shazam, & of course Google.