Just finished Clinical Teaching, resume questions

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by suzerich, Dec 2, 2011.

1. suzerich

suzerich Companion

Dec 2, 2011

I just finished a 12 week (60 day) Clinical Teaching assignment. Once all the paperwork and loose ends are done, I should be certified in 4-8 generalist and 8-12 history in Texas. How should I put this on my resume? Should I wait until I receive the Certificate, should I mention the teacher, school and district, and subject?

Also, do I have to pay for 2 certifications to have them both on my record, or just the one payment of $77.00. If not, how do I get both listed. My assignment was in 6th grade regular and honors math. I would really like a Social Studies position, but I am willing to take whatever I can get. I found I really enjoyed teaching math.

Any advice you might have would be appreciated.

Thanks.

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 3, 2011

I would write "certification pending" for now.

Sorry, I'm clueless on the rest.

4. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Dec 3, 2011

I would not mention the teacher on your resume, but I would ask if you could use him/her as a reference and ask her/him for a letter of recommendation.

I would write down the school, district, grade, and subject for both placements. Also include the time for both placements.

When I got my certifications (not from Texas...) I had to pay for both. Not sure how it is in your state.