Just Curious, Does your administration Micromanage?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MelissainGA, Sep 7, 2008.

1. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2008

I was sitting beside the P tonight at a meeting and I mentioned that it seems that he has a lot on his plate. Then I said, "I suppose it's because you're under a lot of stress from having to meet AYP also and yet you're one step removed from actually teaching the kids."

Sneaky me. He got it. I was telling him that he seemed to be trying to manage us.

He said something like "I know. I need to learn to trust the teachers more."

Hmmmm... I do see his side, and he is ADHD so he can't help running around like a chicken without a head, but I wish he'd stop constantly checking up on us and coming up with more ways to assess kids.

Did I mention he used to be an accountant? Loves data. And numbers. Put it all together and I think he's going to have a heart attack.

(But I do like him anyway. In that way that you like your annoying little brother who's trying to boss you around. Wait. He is my boss. Whatever. )

2. daizie75

daizie75 Rookie

Sep 9, 2008

Why are so many administrators ADHD?:lol:

3. old-new teacher

old-new teacher Comrade

Sep 9, 2008

My admin doesn't micromanage our classrooms than goodness...but she is terrible about delegating tasks that need to be done for the school, so many things go undone because she doesn't have enough time. For example, we are a new school, so we had to order an all-new library. The company we ordered our books from sent the wrong barcodes for a lot of our books, so some books scan in with the wrong titles when we check out to students. To avoid confusion, we have to write each of these books down and attach it to the student name so that if they don't turn it in, we know WHAT book they have. Well, this has been going on for a year now. She won't let us just change the barcode to a temporary number so we don't have to write it out every time because she wants everything properly barcoded (I do understand this), but she has not followed through with the book company getting the replacement barcodes, and she won't let anyone else do it either! Aaaaaaaah! Just one example of many. However, as far as our lesson planning goes, she asked for plans only once all last year and encourages to use both the school curriculum plus anything else we would want to supplement with.