Just a vent

Discussion in 'General Education' started by tchr4vr, Aug 14, 2018.

1. tchr4vr

tchr4vr Companion

Aug 14, 2018

So, my P is now in her second year--we were really hoping for a transfer, but oh well. She is meeting happy, and even though as a faculty, we all told her there were too many meetings, she did it again.

Got my schedule for preservice. We have seven days. In those seven days, we have exactly seven hours of "unencumbered" classroom time. If we work through lunch, we'll have an extra hour a day. Every other minute is taken up with meetings--and only 2 are from Central Office. We have three faculty meetings in one day!

It wouldn't be so bad, except 95% of the building is swapping rooms, floors, or something, so almost all of us took all of our belongings home for the summer, so we all have to start from scratch. It seems we're almost expected to come in on our own time, but with construction, we can't get into the building until the day before preservice--and I've been told that they're not done yet.

It's always so great to start out behind the eight-ball. Glad I've been doing planning all summer.

3. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Aug 14, 2018

I’m sorry. Construction always puts a damper on things. It will all come together in the end.

4. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Aug 14, 2018

I wonder how she treats her AP! I hope s/he isn't miserable! :(

5. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Aug 14, 2018

I was thinking the exact same thing....can you even imagine how many premeetings the AP attends? YIKES

6. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Aug 15, 2018

This type of thing was par for the course at my previous school.

7. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Aug 15, 2018

My thought on that... do what you can. If you aren't given enough contract time to get your room set up, then it'll be a work in progress when the kiddos arrive.

Caesar753 likes this.
  8. Backroads

Backroads Aficionado

Aug 15, 2018

Apparently my P doesn't have a darn thing planned during our inservice. I have a "new teacher" meeting coming up, but that's to the side of things.