Just a little rant at a district!!!

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by Mldouglas, May 22, 2008.

1. Mldouglas

Mldouglas Comrade

May 22, 2008

You are never going to believe this. I have have been having some major communication problems with the sub coordinator in one of the districts I sub in. It states right up at the top of the sub website to e-mail or call this woman if we have any questions. Well, in the past month two things have happened that have left me very disgruntled with the sub lady. I am in three districts so which ever district posts a job first I accept it. Well, I went into a one day sub job in a different district on April 28th and due to the regular teacher's injuries turned into a four week assignment. Prior to that date I had accepted future jobs because I had no idea that this current job would be so long lasting. When I found out that the school was going to put me in as the long term sub I immediately began contacting the teachers in the first district to let them know that I had to cancel out on their jobs because of this long term job. I even went so far as to call a friend who also subs in the district and see if she would take the jobs. Then I called the two school secretaries and at one school the secretary was able to take me out and put my friend in. The secretary at the other school told me that I would have to call the sub coordinator. I immediately did this and left a message with my contact information and my friends sub number in it. I never heard anything back from the sub lady and the job was still showing in my account so I called again the day before the job and left another message. She never did call me back to let me know that she had taken care of things, but everything worked out and my friend was able to work the job. What happened today with this lady really takes the cake. I saw an internal posting on the schools job website looking for summer school teachers. I sent this lady an e-mail asking her if I was able to apply for it since it was an "internal posting". I sent this e-mail on April 30th and I just received her reply in my e-mail today!!

Mldouglas

3. smarkham01

smarkham01 Companion

May 22, 2008

I've had (still have) this problem with principals and teachers, but never with a sub coordinator. Perhaps emailing the coordinator's boss with the explanation that 'I'm not certain my messages are reaching SC's inbox' might improve the situation?

4. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

May 22, 2008

In my area we don't have a sub corrdinator. Nor do we have a sub website of any kind. The teacher of the school, principal or ladies that work in the office call us to sub. It does not turn into 4 day, 5day however many days. If they need us to work for more that scheduled time they just say are you working for the next 5days or 4 or however many they need . I tell them how many days of the ones they ask that I can work and they just get another sub for days I am already working or already have plans. (Hope this makes since lol)