Junie B. Jones

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by ABall, Sep 8, 2006.

1. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Sep 8, 2006

Ok we just read our first book in the Junie B. Jones series, the kids loved it! What kind of activities do any of you have to go with them?

How many books in the series, we have a nother one to start today. What other chapter books are this cute?:cool:

the book we read was Boss of lunch, we will read the lost tooth one next (sorry don't have the exact title.)

3. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Sep 8, 2006

Magic Tree House, Charlotte's Web, The Trumpet Swan

4. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Sep 8, 2006

Well there's Junie B. Jones, and then Junie B., First Grader.

My kids love the MTH books, as well as Jigsaw Jones, Dragon Slayer's Academy, The Time Warp Trio, Calendar Club Mysteries, Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, A to Z Mysteries, Cam Jansen, and The Littles.

5. becky

becky Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2006

Amy, I started to get Jeannie one of those at the library, but I thought it would be too hard. I'm the dummy!

I did get her an Amber Brown book, and she liked that.

6. herins

herins Companion

Sep 8, 2006

My kids loved the Flat Stanley series last year.

7. Research_Parent

Research_Parent Cohort

Sep 9, 2006

8. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Sep 9, 2006

scholastic book clubs had a 'flyer' called Teacher Picks. You can usually get anything from ANY of the flyers up to three months later. Anyhow, the entire junie b jones series is in there for under 40$. Other then the word 'stupid' used, i have no problem with junie b jones. Cam Jansen is another great one. Or, Fudge and Ramona books. Geronimo Stilton series....

9. momtomm

momtomm Rookie

Sep 9, 2006

My students also love June B. After I read a Junie B. book, then I read a Ready Freddy book by Abby Klein. It is like a boy version of Junie B. Jones. All of the students love these books!

Laura

10. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Sep 9, 2006

I have Junie B. in class this year. She looks and acts just like her. She hugs the trees each day as we walk into class. She gets mad at the boys and calls them "Meanies." She came to picture day with a little dress that looks like a skirt and shirt set. She was wearing white tights. By the end of the day, her dress was missing several buttons and her tights were shredded from the thigh to below the knee. She has stringy hair that her mother tries to tie back each day, but it falls down. When she gets mad she throws fits. I make her go into the hallway to throw her fit. They only last about a minute or two when she throws them in the hallway, but they will last up to an hour in the room. She is just different. When we walk down the hall, the other teachers say "Oh, you have Junie B. in your class!" or "God bless you!" She has improved so much since the beginning of the year. She had a fairly good week last week, so Friday she was able to stay after school and play a game with me. She loved that.

11. MissR306

MissR306 Rookie

Sep 9, 2006

I LOOOOVE Junie B!!!
    I started using it just as a read aloud at teh end of the day. This was a few years ago when I was still having trouble with my students behavior while they were copying homework and packing up. I started to read this book and I was able to get so into it the kids say they felt like they were watching a movie. They started copying HW and packing up soooo quickly it was amazing! They woudl just stand behind their chairs so quietly and even after the bell rang for dismissal they wanted me to read a few more pages.
    They can't read it on their own...so i've only used these books in this manner. I'm gonna check out the link that was sent in an earlier posting to see what I can use. Thanks...to whoever sent it out!

**2nd grade teacher**