Jon and Kate Season 5

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by MuckeyBusiness, May 25, 2009.

1. MuckeyBusiness

MuckeyBusiness Companion

May 25, 2009

Any one watching the season premiere tonight?

3. TeachOnTheBeach

TeachOnTheBeach Rookie

May 25, 2009

I am right now! Jon looks exhausted

4. MuckeyBusiness

MuckeyBusiness Companion

May 25, 2009

i thought that too! I'm love the show but i'm sick of seeing all the tabloids and everything about it

5. MuckeyBusiness

MuckeyBusiness Companion

May 25, 2009

atleast we get one more season... it'll be interesting

6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

May 25, 2009

Does anyone know why they interview seperately now? I thought that was fishy. I just saw Jon leave her alone all weekend and she has to go get party decorations by herself with all the kids. I wonder what is "weekend off" included.

7. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

May 25, 2009

I'm watching it now too. It's kind of sad to watch. I was annoyed when Kate was blaming Jon for a lot of her anger. She's gotten so ugly. And yes, Jon does look exhausted.

8. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

May 25, 2009

I bet they (TLC) wanted their individual takes on the situation. They put them together later in the episode. That was so awkward when they showed the preview of them sitting together and someone asking something like "Whats going to happen next?"

9. MuckeyBusiness

MuckeyBusiness Companion

May 25, 2009

i really like kate but i hate how mean she is to jon

10. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

May 25, 2009

This episode is sad. Especially when Jon was talking to one of the girls about him having to leave sometime. Awww.

11. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

May 25, 2009

I read that Kate was refusing to interview with him anymore and she had to be coaxed into interviewing with him towards the end of the show.

Ugh. Kate is such a cold you-know-what! She totally ignored Jon at the birthday party. I've read that it's bad, but I didn't think it was that bad to where around the kids, they'd act cold towards one another.

12. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

May 25, 2009

They look sad. At the party, Jon said to one of the girls" Do you miss me?" She said "Daddy I don't want you to go away anymore." :(

13. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

May 25, 2009

It's depressing. Truly.

14. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

May 25, 2009

I just thought...a lot of the promos for season 5 that are being shown during the commerical breaks seem like they were done in a way that they're preparing the viewers for a potential divorce of Jon and Kate.

15. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

May 25, 2009

:( I missed that.

16. MuckeyBusiness

MuckeyBusiness Companion

May 25, 2009

i was just talking to my mom that the 5 year olds probably don't understand a lot of what's going on... the little girl broke my heart when he's like do you miss me?

17. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

May 25, 2009

I almost cried when Jon and Alexis were talking.

When the papperazzi (sp?) follows you and your kids around, it is time to reevaluate. Jon obviously has some sense in him to know that this is not good!

18. iheart5thgrade

iheart5thgrade Comrade

May 25, 2009

It seems like TLC is on Kate's side because to me, the episode made Jon look like the guilty party. And he may be--who knows-- but it just seems like TLC is on Kate's side.

I really hope they can work through this. If they need to cancel the show to save their marriage/family, then cancel it! So sad....

19. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

May 25, 2009

it was so sad! :(

20. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

May 25, 2009

The episode made me see Kate as a bigger b*tch than I originally thought. She was very stand-offish. The whole 2 minutes they sat next to one another, she was as far away from him as possible and looked like she had a stick up her butt. He seemed fine next to her.
    Obviously, none of us know the truth about the alleged affairs and what not. However, I have to side with Jon. The show has ruined their family and he knows that. He did not want another season- she did. He made sacrifices for the kids while she flies off all over the place leaving them behind. He has been at her beck and call for years (sp?). I don't blame him for being sick of it.
    TLC seems very much on her side. Showing her being a 'single mom' most of the episode. Well, he is stuck at home being a 'single dad' more than she is at home being a 'single mom'.
    Even while interviewing, she was very self-centered. Talking about all the sacrifices SHE made and how SHE only does what is best for them every day. Blah, blah. Stay at home and get rid of the cameras- that is what is best for them.

If TLC was going for sympathy for Kate, they are not getting it from me. After that, I only feel sorry for Jon and the kids.

21. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

May 25, 2009

Well, if Kate is the one who wants the show to go on then obviously TLC would take her side. They will make more money being on her side than his. The more drama, the more viewers

22. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

May 25, 2009

Well, wouldn't Jon have to agree to have his children filmed? If they divorce, couldn't he say no to it all and any remnant of a show would be a no-go?

I've read that Kate and Jon agreed a long time ago that there married was over and they signed a contract saying they would agree to do the show even if their marriage ends in divorce. I read that Kate was the one who pushed for this contract.

I just think it's sad...they have that nice house on that nice property that they both wanted so badly. You know who's going to end up with it all. Kate. Ugh.

23. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

May 26, 2009

Everything was so strained and awkward.

24. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 26, 2009

I never watched the show but a few times, but Jon looked ragged. They may say that they don't regret doing the show, but deep down, they probably wish they were a normal family who are out of the public eye.

Even if they enjoyed being in front of the camera in the past, it's got to be tiring & they probably wish they had a regular life again back when they were unknowns.