Jobulator

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by jjmommy, Oct 31, 2009.

1. jjmommy

jjmommy Rookie

Oct 31, 2009

Has everyone who uses AESOP gotten the message about "Jobulator"? Will you be signing up for this application? I'm trying to figure out how much it will affect me. Most of my jobs are requests put in by teachers or secretaries; however, I do like to pick up days on the boards sometimes. It seems like AESOP could have just added this feature instead of making Subs pay for it! Any thoughts?

3. kalli007

kalli007 Companion

Oct 31, 2009

I used jobulator when I was subbing - it was a free download. It was great because jobs get snapped up around here and it enabled me to have a job everyday.

Do they make you pay now?

4. azure

azure Companion

Oct 31, 2009

Your district has to have jobulator as part of its AESOP package in order for you to sign up for it. My district doesn't have it. There are other programs out there which do the same thing and do it better (in my opinion), but you pay more.

5. jjmommy

jjmommy Rookie

Oct 31, 2009

Oh, so just becuase I got the message regarding Jobulator from both of my districts does not necessarily mean that it is available?

Yep, Jobulator is now $9.95 a month....like I need another monthly bill!

6. azure

azure Companion

Oct 31, 2009

Oh, if it was your districts who notified you, then I would assume they have it available for you to subscribe to.

I don't think it would be worth it to me because it's my understanding that you have to be in range of your computer alerting you with a sound that a job has been posted. Then it's a race to see who can get to their computer soonest. The program I use accepts the job for you. You can set it to only accept half days or whole days or both. You can exclude as many teachers as you want. It is more expensive, but it's worth it to me not to have to be checking AESOP all the time.

7. jjmommy

jjmommy Rookie

Nov 2, 2009

Thanks Azure. What's the name of your program?

8. azure

azure Companion

Nov 2, 2009

It's called SubJobSearch.