Jobs in my area

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by FarFromHome, Jun 27, 2010.

1. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jun 27, 2010

There are going to be at least 6 openings in my school building alone for next year. I know in a lot of places there are hundreds of applicants for one job. Here, we usually only have 1-2 applicants for each job (small town). If anyone's willing to move (Idaho), I can give you contact information for my district. Home prices have drastically dropped in the past 3 years, so it's a little cheaper to live here now.

I don't know how many people they'll end up hiring, but it's worth a try! They will probably start hiring after registration on August 6th. Both of our special ed teachers will probably be leaving, so we will definitely need special ed teachers! But there should also be 2nd and 3rd grade openings in my building, along with other openings in town.

3. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Jun 27, 2010

I can't even fathom only competing against 1 other person for a job! I think it is very kind of you to post info here! :)

4. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jun 27, 2010

It's sad because sometimes we don't really have a choice who's in the classroom, because they need a warm body. It would be nice to have choices!

5. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Jun 27, 2010

True...I so wish I lived in your area! :)

6. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

Jun 27, 2010

Same here. A friend of mine who has inside scoop is letting everyone know that there are a few schools who have openings that are not even posted yet. I know of a few.

7. Lynn K.

Lynn K. Habitué

Jun 27, 2010

I wish I was brave enough to move away from my family and get a real job! I secretly wish to live in a tiny little town where everyone knows everyone, but I am too attached to my family! :)

8. ms.

ms. Comrade

Jun 27, 2010

Could you give me the contact information? I have a sibling who lives in Idaho, so it's worth a try. :)

9. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jun 27, 2010

I will send you a pm.

Right now it doesn't show any jobs listed, but I know there are jobs. They will just be waiting to hire. I know I will most likely not be there next year, but I am waiting until August to resign because we haven't received our hard-copy military orders yet. I think they will start interviewing after registration.

10. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jun 27, 2010

Oh, and sometimes they hire VERY last second. I've heard of people getting jobs the day before school starts. Usually it's not that late, but sometimes we have kids who keep coming in to register late because of the military.

I would expect most hiring the 2nd week of August.

11. ms.

ms. Comrade

Jun 27, 2010

Thank you so much!!! :)

12. idahomom

idahomom Companion

Jun 27, 2010

I live in Idaho - looking for a teaching position. Could you send me the information? Thanks. :)

13. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jun 27, 2010

I sent you a pm.