Jobs in AZ

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by jen12, May 31, 2011.

1. jen12

jen12 Devotee

May 31, 2011

Does anyone know the process for applying from out of state for a job in AZ? There is a fingerprint card required, and it looks as if you need to submit it with your application. So...does this mean I can't even apply for jobs until I have that in my hand? It sure seems like it will slow down the process.

3. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

May 31, 2011

I applied for the fingerprint card as soon as I could, but didn't have it in hand until about a week before school started. Made me nervous, but my district was fine as long as I had it before the 1st day with kids.

4. TeacherApr

TeacherApr Groupie

5. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

May 31, 2011

I got my card the day before kids came..they lost my paper work so dont wait! PA also took their sweet time in giving me my certification so I had to get a sub certificate here until I got all my paperwork in.

You will need to go through the process of getting AZ certification and it usually takes 2-3 years unless you have your SEI certification, US constitution and AZ constitution and have taken the AEPA tests.

I have 2 of the classes to take and hopefully will get my certification before the school starts. I am going into my 3rd year here.

6. TeacherApr

TeacherApr Groupie

May 31, 2011

Depends if you have reciprocity and classes that cover these courses/tests. For example, I already took a US constitution course in college so I didn't need to do that. All I did was take the AZ constitution. SEI I completed in 1 1/2 years but I was lucky...my district paid for it at the time. AEPA could be bypassed if you took the PRAXIS. A coworker from MN was able to use her PRAXIS scores and avoid the AEPA.

7. nasimi77

nasimi77 Groupie

Jun 1, 2011

When I interviewed 2 years ago the HR gentleman that interviewed me told me to get my Fingerprint card asap. CLICK HERE to go to the Arizona Department of Ed web site. On the left hand side of the page there is a column in blue, and look for "Teacher Certification". There's a link that takes you to a PDF for Fingerprint information. Click on that and read and fill it out. Best of luck to you!

8. chermusicteach

chermusicteach Rookie

Jun 2, 2011

I have been teaching in AZ for four years and I was recruited out of state. I didn't apply for the fingerprint card until after I got hired, and HR took care of all the paperwork for it and sent it off to the state and FBI for the card. It depends on the district, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

9. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Jun 2, 2011

If you are serious about relocating to AZ you need to have the fingerprint card. That was a stipulation for us be accepted into the education program... Most schools won't let you in (as a worker or volunteer) without it :) Good luck!

10. TeacherApr

TeacherApr Groupie

Jun 2, 2011

Yes, I had to have mine done AFTER I was given a letter of intent. This was at a job fair though.