Job Update

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by houseofbooks, Aug 22, 2013.

1. houseofbooks

houseofbooks Companion

Aug 22, 2013

After failing to get tenure-track jobs at several schools, I finally scored a leave replacement position that will take me through the first half of the school year. I'm thrilled to have this job! I completed my student teaching at this school as well as a four month maternity leave. I absolutely love the faculty and administration.

This job hunt took a lot out of me, but I figure that each position is a step closer to my goals and dreams. I eventually want to work in International Schools. With this job, I can say on my resume that I've been teaching full time since December 2012 without a break between positions. I feel a lot more confident that I'll reach my dreams of teaching abroad at a good school (*most* international schools require 2 yrs. experience) with these experiences to back me up.

To everyone still searching, my heart is with you! Remember that the hiring season isn't done yet! I was convinced I'd have to return to daily subbing when this job suddenly popped out of the woodwork!

Best of luck! :hugs: You all deserve your own classrooms!

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 22, 2013

:thumb:

4. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Aug 22, 2013

Congratulations!

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 22, 2013

YAY!! Congratulations!