job search

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by Sub2Teach, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Sub2Teach

Sub2Teach Companion

Dec 19, 2006

Hi Everyone,

I've been working on my steps towards hopefully getting a full-time teaching job in August. I'm starting early this year, I've actually never stopped looking since i graduated three years ago. But anyway, I made an appointment with a staff member at my community college to find out about my resume and cover letter and job search tips. I've recently revised my resume and cover letter. I also took out books at the library on interviewing. I'm also working as a volunteer working with children at a local children's museum on saturdays since i sub during the week. I'm wondering what step should I take next towards my goal of landing a full-time teaching spot in the fall? What else can I do to improve my chances of getting a teaching spot??? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Dec 19, 2006

sounds like you are on the right road. .... Just keep applying and don't rule any district out. The more districts you apply to the better chance you have of obtaining an interview. See if you can do a mock interview at the career center at your college. Practice is key to interviewing.

Also, don't forget to do your homework about the district. You want to be able to show them they you really know what's going on in their schools.

You may also want to review the thread on here called, Let's Start Some interview Practice.

Good Luck.

4. newtothis2006

newtothis2006 Rookie

Dec 20, 2006

I am also looking for a teaching job and I thought about tutoring over the summer to get some extra experience. They have places like Sylvan, Tutor Time, and some others. You could try getting a part time job with them when the school year is over.