Job search story

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by lionvirion, Jun 27, 2014.

1. lionvirion

lionvirion Rookie

Jun 27, 2014

Just wanted to share my husband's interviewing tale since I have really enjoyed reading others' and praying for your success.. and reading about it!! My husband just graduated and is looking for his first School Psychologist position in the NY area. Has sent out about 65 apps. Has heard NOTHING in the state of NY.. tough market! Got two interviews in CT, got turned down by both. Had an interview in our dream town today in CT and it went really well so we're just hoping, praying and waiting. He has another interview in CT and one in my hometown in the midwest (friend scored this for him) later in July. He'll take anything he can get because we just really need him back in the employment game!! Anyway, we're just wanting so desperately to hear back from the dream town that he went to this morning.

Best of luck to you all and like I said I'm hoping and praying for your success too and I'm really enjoying reading your stories and your advice on here!

3. FaithDriven

FaithDriven Rookie

Jun 27, 2014

Best of luck and prayers to you and your husband!

4. allaragallagher

allaragallagher Comrade

Jun 27, 2014

I'm crossing my fingers for you and your husband. I've sent out over 50 applications for teaching positions in ME, VT, and NH. I had 3 interviews this season. I know how tough of a market it is up here.

5. Rhesus

Rhesus Comrade

Jun 27, 2014

The school psychologist in my wife's school just retired, up here in the NE corner of CT.

6. hep223

hep223 Companion

Jun 27, 2014

Sending positive thoughts your way!

7. Milsey

Milsey Habitué

Jun 28, 2014

I would imagine they have to do all sorts of personality tests, so I'm sure it will be a while before you hear back.

8. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Jun 28, 2014

i'm in CT too...

((((Positive Vibes)))) to you and your hubby :)