Job search frustrations

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by new2teach15, Jun 17, 2016.

1. IloveSF

IloveSF Rookie

Jun 29, 2016

I've wanted to say that too, but I was told the union would put a stop to that in no time flat.

2. IloveSF

IloveSF Rookie

Jun 29, 2016

That's my worry. Some people get really irritated by emails and correspondence like this.

But then I worry about every move I make anymore.

3. RainStorm

RainStorm Aficionado

Jun 29, 2016

The fact that you've gotten 8 interviews shows you have something going for you, and probably a good cover letter and resume.

Here's my question for you -- Why should they hire you when there are more experienced candidates out there? Really think and answer that question -- they should hire you over someone with more experience because you are ____________. (insert the term that fits for you...) Remember that most teachers love children and are passionate about teaching, so try to think of something other than that. Are you a life-long learner who wants to share that passion with young people? Are you a person who strives to find the each person's special talent, and help them develop? Do you try to build consensus with your teammates, and partner to build the best grade level team possible so that the students of that grade will receive the best possible education? {Only you can come up with the answer to this question, I'm just trying to show you a few examples.}

Once you can pinpoint that one special quality you have that will make them want to choose you over other (possibly more experienced) candidates, you need to focus on that attribute as a part of your answers during the interview. Use anecdotes that demonstrate it. Give examples that highlight it. Let it shine through during the interview.

Good luck in your job search.

-Rain