Job search for New Jersey?

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by pinkcupcake90, Apr 25, 2016.

1. pinkcupcake90

pinkcupcake90 Companion

Apr 25, 2016

I think it's too late to resign from my assignment. I'm working as a long-term English sub at my high school. The principal who hired me doesn't know if I will get a contract for the full-time position next year. At this rate, I couldn't care less because this school is a disaster.

I'm looking to spruce up my resume and work hard at finding a job for September. Would a school be interested in me despite my little experience? I'm an alternate route candidate who was tossed in without training wheels. I also administered the PARCC exam, if that helps.

What are some good job search websites for NJ?

I'm keeping you all in my prayers. Thanks for being so kind and supportive. My doctor says I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I'm hopefully getting a grip on my depression.

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 25, 2016

The NJ market is tough, as you know. Some schools don't look at alt route :( No school is going to be perfect- we're all under pressure: high stakes PARCC, SGOs, new teacher evaluation systems, etc etc. are you emotionally prepared and on a good enough place psychologically to go through the job search process, tenure hoops, getting your certification complete? It's a lot.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    pinkcupcake90 likes this.
  4. pinkcupcake90

pinkcupcake90 Companion

Apr 28, 2016

Thank you for your support. It means the world to me. Stay blessed. :heart: :)

PallasAthena likes this.
  5. miatorres

miatorres Comrade

Apr 28, 2016

Have you considered researching private schools in NJ and applying to the ones that would be a good fit for you? It has been my experience that most private schools would not accept students with a long history of bad behavior. I do know of a few private schools that will accept any student whose parents will pay the tuition, but those are the exceptions. Most privates will not tolerate bad behavior from students.

6. kajalsengupta

kajalsengupta Rookie

May 19, 2016

As a side job try teaching online. It may not be as paying as a full time job but can supplement your income which is great when you want to take a breather.I teach Physics online and can assure you that it is no rocket science.

7. miatorres

miatorres Comrade

May 19, 2016

I may be interested in teaching online classes in the near future. Which online school do you work for?

8. physteach

physteach Companion

May 22, 2016

Keep looking. I know my NJ school is hiring ELA and we are still looking.

9. kajalsengupta

kajalsengupta Rookie

Jun 6, 2016

I am a freelancer and not tied to any particular online school. I tutor students. Many of them came to know me through my posts on the internet and my profile on WizIQ .com which is a much frequented site for online teaching. I use their virtual whiteboard for online teaching.