Job position?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Futureteacher08, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Futureteacher08

Futureteacher08 Rookie

Apr 22, 2015

So I sent all my application materials via email for the job. The principal emailed me immediately and sounded very interested. I took her paperwork in person and she was at a meeting but told me it would have been nice to meet me in person. She told me she'd be in contact with me this weekend. That was a week ago and I have not heard from her.

Can I send a follow up email? If so what should I say?

3. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Apr 22, 2015

This is an extremely busy time of year for principals, so try not to take it personally if you haven't heard from her. I think a follow-up email would be a nice touch. Maybe you could say something about looking forward to meeting her and asking her if she had any questions regarding your paperwork. Tell her you are looking forward to learning more about the school and the anticipated job openings for next year.

4. tgtbtj

tgtbtj Companion

Apr 23, 2015

I am in the same exact position. I contact principals, they respond with interest, I turn everything in, they say they want to set up a time for an interview, then...nothing! It's the most frustrating thing ever! I even went and changed my resume about 3 times just thinking that maybe that something was wrong with it, but nope! Ugh! I'm currently waiting to hear back from a principal I emailed with on Tuesday for my dream job. I guess I'll wait at least a week before I check back in. Let me know what you intend to email, I am struggling with not sounding desperate or needy, even though I AM!!!!

5. Futureteacher08

Futureteacher08 Rookie

Apr 23, 2015

I agree! I am getting so frustrated and feeling like I won't find a job! I did email the principal and just asked if she needed anymore paperwork and she emailed back and thanked me for contacting her again she has just been super busy!