Job Offer?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Nab, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Nab

Nab Companion

Jun 3, 2017

Last month I had an interview at a Catholic school. Three weeks later (last week) they emailed me to let me know that I had made the "top three" candidates and asked that I give a ten minute lesson. I gave the lesson to the principal, the head of technology, and he head of the ELA department. They really loved it and praised how I had higher order thinking in the lesson. Late yesterday afternoon, I got an email from the principal asking if I can come in on Monday at 8:30 to: "discuss the next step in the process of working toward employment with us."

I don't want to get too ahead of myself, but that sort of sounds like a job offer. I replied right away and will be there on Monday at 8:30. I'm just wondering - other than a job offer, is there anything else this could be? I really can't think of anything else that would need to be discussed.

K6TEACHER19 likes this.
  3. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

Jun 3, 2017

I was offered the job by the principal but I had to interview one more time with the superintendent to make it final. So maybe you just have to meet with HR or the superintendent to get the official offer. Yay!

4. Nab

Nab Companion

Jun 8, 2017

It was a job offer and I accepted! It's very little money, but the benefits package is really nice and everyone seems really professional and kind. I'm excited. I did my fingerprints on Tuesday and am supposed to go in and sign a contract next week.

K6TEACHER19, whizkid and rpan like this.