Job offer pending....?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Lyquidphyre, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Lyquidphyre

Lyquidphyre Comrade

Jul 20, 2007

So, I went to the district website and next to the status of the job I had an on the spot "interview" with on Weds it said "Offer pending."

Okay, here are the facts-
    - The job opened on Weds morning. After my screening interview at 3:30 HR sent me to interview with the principal.
    - The HR person seemed REALLY concerned about filling the position and she said "the principal said she will work with whatever your certification is for this position" (lucky for me, the position is to teach something I'm certified in)
    - The principal didn't ask me a single question, she just told me about the job and the school and such. I took any opportunities I could for her to get an idea of who I am as a teacher since she didn't ask me anything specific
    - The principal told me she would be interviewing "today and tomorrow" which meant Weds (but I was the only interview that day and I left at 5pm) and Thursday... but she said she was going to fill out the paperwork for me/about me and send it to HR.
    - Today, Friday.. a day the district offices/HR is closed, I noticed the "offer pending" next to the status of the job. This had to of been posted yesterday since no one is working today.

So, what do you think? I was thinking if someone interviewed yesterday (thurs) that wouldn't have been enough time for paperwork to be filled out and sent to HR and processed AND post on the website "offer pending"

It really could go either way, but I HOPE that "offer pending" means HR is doing paperwork to offer me the job and I'll know Monday =o)

Either way, I have ANOTHER interview on Monday at a different school... but still, I would rather have the "offer pending" job!

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 20, 2007

Can you call the principal at school?

4. Lyquidphyre

Lyquidphyre Comrade

Jul 20, 2007

No one is going to be there- she even mentioned paperwork would start but "we don't work on Fridays" so Monday I would know something. Both HR and the schools aren't open today =o/

I did send her a "Thank you" email (because I knew a card might not get there in time) but I don't know if she will check her school email on her day off.

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 20, 2007

Spend the weekend on some big project (mine this week has been ALL the closets)... I don't think you can do anything but obsess until Monday.

6. Lyquidphyre

Lyquidphyre Comrade

Jul 20, 2007

Hahaha, I thought about asking "Am I obsessing about this?" and you hit the nail right on the head!

I'm working on graduate work that is due at midnight tonight, so that is helping. Tomorrow me and the boyfriend are cleaning the entire house together and Sunday we are going to the boyfriend's parents house for the afternoon/dinner. So hopefully I will be able to stay preoccupied!

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 20, 2007

How could anyone NOT obsess??

Here's hoping for a fast weekend for you and great news on Monday.

8. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Jul 20, 2007

I'm right there with you. I have 3 interviews that I'm waiting to hear back on. It is such an agonizing and helpless feeling to wait and wonder. I kept busy with the kids at the pool today and tomorrow is a clam bake and camp out at a friend's house. But I'm going to see so many people that are going to ask me how the job hunt is going so it's not going to be too easy to keep it off my mind.

I hope you get the offer, but have a great interview Monday as well!

9. daddy'sgirl

daddy'sgirl Rookie

Jul 20, 2007

Congrats! I just got contacted today for a screening interview on next Thursday. Were you asked for a portfolio? Did you take one?

10. Lyquidphyre

Lyquidphyre Comrade

Jul 20, 2007

Thanks lovetoteachkids!

Daddy'sgirl- I made a portfolio in May to take to job fairs and interviews. They didn't ask for it, but I bring it just in case I get an interview question where I can go "Let me show you what I did here..."
    Where in Texas are you located?

11. Lyquidphyre

Lyquidphyre Comrade

Jul 21, 2007

Not to obsess.. but... hehe

I was thinking about how the principal said "I'm going turn in the paperwork tomorrow (thurs)." I wonder if that means turn in the paperwork to hire me and once I clear the background and HR stuff, the job is mine.

Hmm... back to keeping myself occupied

12. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Jul 22, 2007

I hope the job is yours! Trust me, I've been obsessing as well.