Job interview tomorrow, need some help!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Charlie Trahan, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Charlie Trahan

Charlie Trahan Rookie

Oct 2, 2019

So, I called a school today because they posted they needed a science teacher grades 5-8 ASAP. I called just to see if they would take an alternative program applicant since I won't have a standard certification for at least a year and no student teaching. This is a charter school local to me. The office manager wanted me to come in so I mentioned I will have my portfolio only next week so I planned to start applying Friday. He said I would like to see you today, don't worry about the portfolio. I let him know I do have a job that is school hours 8-5 and I could do tomorrow at 10. He said great! Well now I'm so so nervous. I won't have a portfolio but he did say I could show him and the principal later. AH! What should I bring? Anything at all? What should I expect?

3. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Oct 2, 2019

In my area, no one looks at portfolios, so I wouldn’t worry about it.

bella84 likes this.
  4. ChildWhisperer

ChildWhisperer Groupie

Oct 2, 2019

I've never brought a portfolio or anything at all actually to any interview :D
    Just bring yourself and all your knowledge and self confidence

bella84 likes this.
  5. serebrina

serebrina New Member

Oct 5, 2019

For me, the question of interviews is a disaster. I'm always worried. My experiences lead to the fact that I can answer not the subject of the question