job...in Arizona!!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by beatlebug731, Jan 25, 2010.

1. beatlebug731

beatlebug731 Comrade

Jan 25, 2010

Hey everyone,
    I just recieved a job offer for an elementary resource position in Arizona, which is all the way across the country!!! I would love love love to take it, but I really don't know if a move, especially one that far away, is feasible for me right now bcuz I just graduated and I don't have the money right now to move. I do have plans to relocate eventually, but they need me within 30-45 days and they need my decision Wednesday or Thursday. Are there any programs that may be able to help me?

3. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jan 25, 2010

Congratulations on the job offer! If this is a job that you want is there anyone who can loan money to you? Or does the district offer relocation assistance? Good luck with your decision!

4. beatlebug731

beatlebug731 Comrade

Jan 25, 2010

Unfortunately, they don't offer relocation and I only have a day to find someone to loan me money. They just called me today.

5. thegirlinaz

thegirlinaz Rookie

Jan 25, 2010

I hate you.

Haha, not really. Arizona isn't a bad place! I understand the whole relocating thing and cost.. not pretty. Do you mind if I ask which city or district it is in?

I hope by the time I graduate I can get a job offer here; just have to wait and see!

6. beatlebug731

beatlebug731 Comrade

Jan 25, 2010

it's in Casa Grande Elementary School District

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jan 25, 2010

Find a way to make it happen!!!! It's an elementary job at a time when they're incredibly rare!! Load up your car and find some Motel 8's you can stay in along the way.

MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

8. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Jan 25, 2010

I agree with Alice. Do whatever you need to do to make it happen. If that means moving with just what you can put into your car, then do it! Elementary jobs are really hard to get right now.

9. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Jan 25, 2010

I agree, do what you can to make it happen! An offer in any state is an amazing thing. If there is anyway at all to make it happen, do it! Goodness knows el ed jobs in PA are close to impossible to come by.

Congrats!

10. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Jan 25, 2010

I just moved from OH to AZ and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it here!! Visit the school and make sure you think you could live there, if so pack up and hit the road! Now is a great time to move cooler temps, I moved in July...120 degrees :haha:

You can do it!

11. Jenstc2003

Jenstc2003 Companion

Jan 25, 2010

Sounds exciting! If there's any way you can manage it, I would seriously recommend trying it. You can always borrow a tent and warm sleeping bag and sleep in campgrounds if you travel across the south, even this time of year. Its' a rare opportunity in a market where not many are getting the jobs they really want, and I doubt you'd regret it. I wish you luck whatever happens!

12. nasimi77

nasimi77 Groupie

Jan 25, 2010

Congrats to you on the job offer!!!:D:thumb: I say go for it, make it happen! I TOTALLY agree with Alice. A job offer in elementary is so rare, that is why I moved here from Southern California in October. I know that Casa Grande is really developing, too. Arizona rocks! Go for it!:cool:

13. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jan 25, 2010

I agree. Call the school and tell them you are way interested. Ask if they have any teachers that are looking for a room mate. You might just luck out. Otherwise call Mom, Dad, Grandma, cousin Ernie or Pam, your best friend. If this is what you want - make it work.:) Don't let fear hold you back.

14. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jan 25, 2010

I agree with everyone: Find a way to make this work!

Jobs are so scarce these days, you'll be kicking yourself if you don't take this position. Call your bank or credit union and take out a personal loan if you have to.

15. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jan 26, 2010

Go for it. Sleep in your car and visit local truck stops to shower along the way if you have to. Once you get settled in the job you can rent a bed and table until you save up some money.

16. thegirlinaz

thegirlinaz Rookie

Jan 26, 2010

Casa Grande right now has GREAT deals on houses; you can seriously get a huge house for really cheap!

However, it is a little far from the city (Phoenix). But, since you don't have to commute to Phoenix and you actually could work in Casa Grande I would totally do it.

If you absolutely cannot move though keep looking for other jobs. Hopefully you can get another job offer somewhere, good luck!

17. MarshNConsMom

MarshNConsMom Rookie

Jan 26, 2010

I say go for it! I assume you wouldn't have applied if you hadn't already considered moving. You took the time to go through the process, now make it happen! You're a lucky person :)

18. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Jan 26, 2010

Have you done some researching on Casa Grande to see if it is a place you would like to live in?

19. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Jan 26, 2010

What decision did you make?

20. beatlebug731

beatlebug731 Comrade

Jan 27, 2010

I don't think I am going to take it. I applied thinking that I would take a job for next school year. I don't even drive, so that would make it impossible for me. I want to move away, but I'm not ready yet.

21. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jan 27, 2010

Would it be possible for you to learn to drive before the next hiring season so you would have a better selection of schools to choose from?

22. nattyj21

nattyj21 Companion

Jan 27, 2010

I second, third .... what everyone is saying. How big is Casa Grande? Do they have a bus system, cab system? Anything until you can get trained to drive. You might even meet some really nice teacher who would car pool for some gas money. What is the time frame for this job? If it is just through this semester, then you can always come back if you hate it.

These sentiments of going for it are coming from people who have been trying like crazy to find a job and haven't yet. I would hate for you to pass this opportunity up and then be left without being able to find anything (for who knows how long). Really, really think this through!!!

23. beatlebug731

beatlebug731 Comrade

Jan 27, 2010

That's the plan!!

I have some other issues that I need to work through before I can move away.

24. nattyj21

nattyj21 Companion

Jan 27, 2010

Well it sounds like you were able to come to a decision. It is far better to say this now and not to find out this after paying a bunch of money to relocate.

If you still think you might be interested in this school district in the future, explain to them that you would love the job, but it would not be possible to accept at an offer at this time. If they know you are still interested-who knows-they might just keep you in mind in the future.

Good luck with whatever school/area you choose!!