Job Hunt Advice

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Futureteacher08, May 18, 2015.

1. Futureteacher08

Futureteacher08 Rookie

May 18, 2015

Hi,

So I am a first year teacher, just completed student teaching and graduated, and I am having a tough time with the job hunt....3 interviews, and 1 offer I declined. I recently talked to my cooperating teacher about a week ago, and she called me and told me she passed my name on to another school in the district's principal, and that they would have openings come, and asked me to send my resume. She said the principal sounded very interested in me. That was a week ago, and I have not heard back from either of them. And, last Friday 2 positions for the school opened up, with a closing date the 29th. I am starting to get worried because I have not heard back from them, is that a bad sign? Is there anything else that I can do?

3. Ms.Blank

Ms.Blank Companion

May 18, 2015

Out of curiosity, why did you decline the one offer?

As for the principal...it's the end of the year. He/She's busy. They probably don't even know the full extent of their openings yet. I wouldn't worry, but don't keep all your eggs in this basket, either. Keep looking while you wait.

4. Futureteacher08

Futureteacher08 Rookie

May 18, 2015

It was a far drive and the pay wouldn't cover all my student loans(I could make more subbing).

5. Ms.Blank

Ms.Blank Companion

May 18, 2015

I see. You gotta do what will work for you. I think the good news is that you're 1 for 3. It's still early in the hiring season...with that success rate for offers, I think you have a great chance of finding something once more interviews start rolling.

6. Futureteacher08

Futureteacher08 Rookie

May 18, 2015

I'm just concerned about this principal, it seemed as if she was interested but I haven't heard anything back from her!