Job Fair Questions

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by waterfall, Apr 1, 2013.

1. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Apr 1, 2013

I'm going to a 2 day job fair at the end of this week. I am looking forward to it! Every district I want to apply to will be there. So here are my questions:

1. They've already said no folders/binders (I guess it's just too much for the districts to handle). They want you to bring resumes and references. Do you think it matters if I put my resume/references on two pages vs. one two-sided page? My resume is a full page and my references and their contact info will take up another half page at least. I don't have a fancy enough printer so if I were to do the two sided one I'd have to pay somewhere to get them printed.

2. What do you typically say when you meet with the recruiters to try to get an interview? I haven't been to a job fair in 3 years but I remember feeling awkard about this part last time. I got several interviews, but I was more willing to "branch out" then to get interviews...for this one most of the districts I want will be extremely popular. My friends who went last year have said that they got there up to an hour early and were something like 500th in line, so it's going to be completely crazy!

3. RobertTexasMath

RobertTexasMath Rookie

Apr 1, 2013

I think a two-sided page seems wrong. I would like it. Especially since one side would be a resume and the other side references.

What to say? I think you want to give them a good impression of your personality. You also want to tell them what unique strengths do you bring. Put yourself in their place. They will be talking to 100s of applicants from what you mentioned. What will make them remember you at the end of the day? What do you do better than the other applicants? What do you do different that makes you an applicant that I would want to hear from again?

4. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Apr 1, 2013

Since they are clearly attempting to make this is simple paper-wise as possible, I would consider one page. Unless of course ink went through at all...then two pages it is. It should be easy to flip your paper once the first side prints...unless I'm missing something.

Good luck and best wishes. I have no other advice as I've never been to a true job fair.