Job fair- Emailing Ps in advance?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Alisha, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Alisha

Alisha Cohort

Apr 11, 2010

I'm going to be going to a job fair on the 26th. What do you think of the idea of me emailing people that I'd like to meet with at the fair sometime next week? Is that going to be an annoyance for them or do you think they'll appreciate that I took the time to introduce myself in advance?

Any other thoughts on the subject?

3. jwteacher

jwteacher Cohort

Apr 11, 2010

If you know for *sure* who will represent the districts at the job fairs, I don't see the harm in that.

4. beatlebug731

beatlebug731 Comrade

Apr 11, 2010

I went to a job fair about a month ago and I called all of the districts and really researched about them and made individual application packets for each school, if you do this make sure you don't take on too much!

5. Alisha

Alisha Cohort

Apr 11, 2010

The job fair I'm going to posts who the representatives will be for each district, so the only way it'd be wrong would be if they sent a last minute replacement.

6. jwteacher

jwteacher Cohort

Apr 11, 2010

Go for it! Like someone else said, when you e-mail them, send them a little message that is personal about their district. Make your e-mails more powerful by doing your research.

7. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Apr 11, 2010

My goal is to make an online portfolio this way I can email the principals in the districts that post a vacancy with my portfolio and a little note that I have applied. This way they can click on it and learn all about me for when my name comes up.

Anyway, I mentioned this to a few people and they were like you are going to email it to ALL the principals since you dont know what school the opening is for....now we are talking like 4-8 principals per district. I didnt think it was obnoxious but apparently others do....I pretty much see it as the same as your situation and still want to go for it and email them. IMO if they dont want to read it they can delete it, right?