Job Fair Brochure

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by TheConspiracy, Jun 5, 2006.

1. TheConspiracy

TheConspiracy Companion

Jun 5, 2006

I am going to a job fair on Tuesday and I read on another chat board that some people were having success getting their names out there by dropping off a brochure with the tables that didn't show a position open in their area at the present time (rather than bogging them down with a resume that doesn't pertain to an open job at the time). Soooo... as we all know I have been working dilligently on doing things that will hopefully set me apart during the job applicaiton process (hopefully in a good way). So I thought I would put up a sample of my brochure and you guys can tell me if it sux.

~J

PS~ apparently the brochure is supposed to be a "teaser" rather than a real resume or a CV. Creative- like an advertisement for yourself.

PPS~ You guys may see where I "borrowed" some neat themes and ideas from this board. Hope no one minds. I didn't do a "rip off" - just a borrow and emulate - I promise. :)

PPPS~ Sorry if the pic is so big- I need it to be big enough for you all to read it. :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 5, 2006

Pretty slick!

You've got some typos: TEAHCING on the front cover; misplaced close quotation mark in the Jung quote and probably a he too many in the Mill quote; possible misspelling (is it Richard Henry Dann or Richard Henry Dana?); the panel that lists attributes switches back and forth between first person and third person; first paragraph on the inside switches between student's singular and students plural, and will be clearer if both are plural; well organized in the next paragraph should be hyphenated and career-changer in the third paragraph shouldn't be; roll should be role; passion of should be passion for; carreer in the next panel should be career; diffuse in the paragraph below that should be defuse. Oh, and standard English really does still prefer graduate from rather than graduate.

(Sorry. I can't help it: I proofread compulsively.)

4. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Jun 5, 2006

Dang, TG! All I caught was the front cover typo ;)

Very nice and professional-looking.

5. TheConspiracy

TheConspiracy Companion

Jun 5, 2006

LOL...THANKS!!

That was why I put it up- make sure I didn't look like a jerk. :)

These many typos happen when you are typing at 4:00 in the morning.

Thanks for taking the time to read through it so thoroughly.

~J

6. TheConspiracy

TheConspiracy Companion

Jun 5, 2006

WOW- going through and fixing some of those......lol....no one should allow me to type anything after 3 am anymore.

LOL....diffuse.....

And I'm pretty sure they won't let me teach for them if I don't properly spell "teacher"...just a guess.

Well...at least if I am going to make mistakes - I really put my shoulder into it.

~J

7. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 5, 2006

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, my dear.

8. KimberlyBest

KimberlyBest Comrade

Jun 5, 2006

Darned Spiffy! Great job - wish ya lots of luck!