Job Dilemma

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Ms.Holyoke, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Ms.Holyoke

Ms.Holyoke Connoisseur

Aug 9, 2019

I have to say that my new school already seems very different from my previous school. I think I’m going to like it.

First of all, my Principal has communicated with me and the two other new teachers and forwarded us all of the emails relating to scheduling, etc. He also said I could voluntarily meet with him next week for a transition meeting and connected me with the previous teacher in my position to meet. He said he would compensate both of us for any time spent. The curriculum director reached out to me about the new curriculum and the supplies for it. It seems more organized than I am used to and I really like the curriculum we are using. In my previous job, I had to ask for the info and I didn’t know any of this stuff until a few days before school started. I remember panicking because they hadn’t sent us a schedule!

My new district also offers tons of PDs that you can take to earn .5 of a grad credit for free. A friend of mine says that they’re great! I’m attending a few next week. I have 9 credits past my masters now so I definitely want to use the opportunity to earn more.

My team also emailed me to introduce themselves and said that we can meet them week school starts to discuss things like grading and classroom management strategies that they use. I am so excited to have a team!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  2. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Companion

Aug 10, 2019

Wow! It sounds like it is all working out great for you! It is exciting to have a good team. :) It is really great your P connected you w/ last yr's teacher to meet w/ you and will comp your time! That can be so helpful! It sounds like you are walking into a dream job!

3. Ms.Holyoke

Ms.Holyoke Connoisseur

Aug 13, 2019

So I have some concerns about my new job. I don’t want to post too much info but I would love to PM someone if anyone is willing!

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 14, 2019

PM me if I can help.

Ms.Holyoke likes this.
  5. comblegraci

comblegraci New Member

Aug 18, 2019 at 4:40 AM

I’m moving into the Dean for Academic Affairs role. I will continue doing what I’ve been doing, but in a lesser capacity, plus my new admin duties. I will be working alongside the vice principals primarily and report directly to my principal and CEO.

futuremathsprof likes this.
  6. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Aficionado

Aug 18, 2019 at 11:33 AM

Oh my goodness, you’re situation closely parallels mine!!! How much of a pay raise did you get? (I went from making $67k to $85k.) Are you excited? Do you think you will miss your previous duties? Did you get your admin credential to get this position?