Job Chart for Threes

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by RedVac, Apr 9, 2010.

1. RedVac

RedVac Rookie

Apr 9, 2010

I was looking for some ideas on job charts you use with your threes. I am looking for a better idea for next year. Right now I have a list on my bulletin board that has a line leader, caboose, nature guide, and super friend. I would like a few more real jobs and for it to be something more that the kids are more independent with,

3. amyg

amyg Rookie

Apr 9, 2010

a favorite in my group of 4's is "clipboard holder" whenever we leave the room I have to take my attendance and I let them carry the clipboard. Snack helper puts out napkins, calendar helper finds the number for the calendar, and then a table cleaner, oh and door holder......

4. Kase

Kase Companion

Apr 9, 2010

The 4s and Pre-k at my center have line leader, door holder, nap mat helper, song leader, calendar helper, and snack helper.

5. Whitchel

Whitchel Rookie

Apr 10, 2010

I have three and four year olds, we have line leader, door holder, bell ringer (to signal clean up time), teacher helper(passes out straws and napkins at lunch) calendar helper, and fish feeder. The favorite is bell ringer!

6. amethysst

amethysst Rookie

Apr 10, 2010

ECCERS requires that every child have a job so I have a long list of helpers...
    Line leader, door holder, crossing guard, caboose, calendar helper, weather watcher, flag holder, prayer helper, snack helper, chair helper, plant helper, mat helper, library helper, special helper, light helper

7. dragonfly05

dragonfly05 Companion

Apr 10, 2010

We have line leader, inside door holder, outside door holder, lunch helper, snack helper, library (collects books before naptime and cleans library area), calendar (helps find the number), weather (looks outside and tells us weather), flag salute (holds flag and leads salute). This is for 3s and 4s. :)

8. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Apr 12, 2010

I've done:

calendar
    weather watcher
    counter (count the number of kids present)
    snack/lunch helpers (Pass out cups, napkins, etc, usually 2 kids)
    door holder
    flag holder
    line leader
    lights
    crab care (the year we had hermit crabs)
    teacher helper - their absolute favorite job
    messenger (sometimes this is the same as teacher helper)

and a bunch of other ones that are probably escaping me right now :)

9. beckyeduk8er

beckyeduk8er Comrade

Apr 12, 2010

My Jobs

My jobs are(I have 3's and 4's):
    Calendar (adds the calendar number each day)
    Days in School (adds one straw for each day we are in school)
    Weather (puts the weather picture on the graph)
    Wish you Well Helper (puts the picture/name of any child absent on the heart)
    Cart Helper (pushes the breakfast/lunch cart back to the kitchen)
    Garbage Helper (carries the tied garbage bag outside the door for our custodain to pick up)
    Apron Helper (wears the greeting apron and give each child a hug, handshake, high five, or smile)
    Substutute (does the job of anyone who is absent)
    Mail Helper (puts any outgoing papers-newletters, book orders etc-into each child's mail box)
    Button Pusher (pushes the botton to open the door out to the play ground)
    I love you rituals helps (choose an I love you ritual for the class to do that day)
    Coins helper (picks up the coins (what each child uses to indicate what center they are working in) at center time)
    Vaccum helper (runs the carpet sweeper after breakfast/lunch)
    Milk bucket helper (brings over the bucket that we empty our milk cartoons into if we don't drink it all before clearing)
    Spoon helper (carries the spoon container to each child to collect their spoon after lunch)

10. happypreteach

happypreteach Rookie

Apr 13, 2010

I have 3,4 and 5's and my jobs are: Special Day(show and tell), calendar, counter, weather, schedule changer, line leader, caboose, napkins, cups, feed Ribbon(the fish), and light switch.

It is really interesting to see how many different jobs people come up with. This is my first year having a job for each child, each day and they really love it.

11. beckyeduk8er

beckyeduk8er Comrade

Apr 13, 2010

Jobs

The other thing that I forgot to mention is that my student's keep their jobs for a week. Every Monday morning we change. It is really helpful for the students to have time to practice skills (calendar, days in school, weather all involve tracking and counting) and it is much easier for me to remember which job each child has if they keep it all week.

12. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Apr 18, 2010

My 3 year old class was the busy bees so I made honey pots with the names of jobs on them and bees with the children's names. I lined them in a row above my circle time calendar and each day they moved one place to the right. My jobs were: line leader, caboose, calendar helper, weather, messanger, teacher's helper, clean up helper, day off, question of the day, prayer starter (private church childcare center) and attendance