Job App Question (Updated with New Question!)

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MyMulligan, Aug 19, 2008.

1. MyMulligan

MyMulligan Rookie

Aug 19, 2008

I'm filling out an application for an aide position. The online application says to list all colleges/universities attended. I have a bachelor's degree and an incomplete MAED. In the process of working on the MAED this year, I have taken classes all over the place at community colleges to meet my prerequisites. If I list all of those schools, I'll be including a lot of lines that say "Degree Earned- Non Earned." That makes me a bit hesitant...

Thoughts/opinions? Should I just list Bachelor's and In Progress/On Hold MAED or all of the schools where I took individual courses?

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 19, 2008

List your bachelors and your most current program (I'm assuming previous credits have been applied to your most recent program...)

4. teachersk

teachersk Connoisseur

Aug 19, 2008

Yeah, I think it would be beneficial to you to list the program you're in - because it does show your initiative and abilities to be enrolled in a Master's program.

5. MyMulligan

MyMulligan Rookie

Aug 19, 2008

Thanks! Good point...the other credits were all applied to my Master's program. I hadn't thought about it that way.

6. drapes330

drapes330 Companion

Aug 19, 2008

In addition to the school where I am getting my masters and the university where I got my bachelors I also attended another university and a community college. I always list those and then find a place to say "credits for transfer." I do this because I was once told that I might be required to provide transcripts for every school I have attended, and if I give someone transcripts for a school that I didn't list on my application it might look suspicious.

7. MyMulligan

MyMulligan Rookie

Aug 20, 2008

Thanks Drapes...good point!

Another question: One of the online apps has a section for "General Personal Comments." It's just a large freeform field and that's the only prompt. It's a required field, but I have no idea what to put there since they also request that a cover letter be attached.

Any ideas?

8. drapes330

drapes330 Companion

Aug 20, 2008

Hmm, does it ask any other questions in addition to that space? If not, you might want to list what makes you an excellent teacher. This would give you a chance to go into more detail than you may have done on your cover letter. Or you could talk about your certifications, why you want to teach, what you bring to the district, etc.

I would use it to give them any information that they dont already have about you.