Jingle Bell Rock

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by puff5655, Nov 10, 2011.

1. puff5655

puff5655 Cohort

Nov 10, 2011

Christmas pageant is coming up in just a few short weeks now!

I'm doing Frosty the Snowman with my Kinders as always.

Any ideas on how to incorporate some props into it?

Also thinking it would be ADORABLE if they could learn something like "Jingle Bell Rock" and I could have a few kids pretending to rock out on cardboard electric guitars. Anyone done something like that?

Any other cute ideas I'd love to hear! Most of my kids this year are shy but I have one who loves attention and I know will steal the show!

3. sjnrae

sjnrae Rookie

Nov 12, 2011

One of the 1st grade teachers did Frosty the Snowman at our Christmas Program last year. The kids all wore winter clothes, one student was "Frosty" and wore the magic hat. During a musical interlude the students all picked up styrafoam snowballs and had a pretend snowball fight. It was adorable.

4. MrsM7

MrsM7 Rookie

Nov 13, 2011

I found some cute cardboard guitars at Michaels last spring for our concert. They may still have them.

5. puff5655

puff5655 Cohort

Nov 20, 2011

thanks! I'll see if I can find that stuff. They're doing great with the song!

6. sanderson

sanderson Rookie

Nov 22, 2011

Oh! I got reminded of the performance we had on this, we were around twenty 1st graders, and we all had whole act on it. Dancing in a particular pattern, on Christmas Day celebrations, totally engrossed in "Frosty the snowman.. With a good fur coat and a bulky nose and two eyes made out of gold”, this is all what I remember; maybe I am not up to the mark on the lyrics because I am not able to memorize it properly. And I guess we had pom-pom as our props and some other thing was also there, sorry I don’t remember much.