Jericho

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by kidsalot, Oct 12, 2006.

1. kidsalot

kidsalot Comrade

Oct 12, 2006

Is anyone else hooked on this show? I don't usually watch continuing shows let alone one so serious but I have become addicted to this one.

3. musicteach

musicteach Companion

Oct 12, 2006

My husband & I haven't missed a show, but it's kind of a love-hate thing for me. I like watching it, but it also makes me think too hard (especialy with all of the N.Korea stuff going on). I'm not sure it's gonna keep me watching all the time, though, because I think the acting can be a little cheesy sometimes...

4. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Oct 12, 2006

Like it... watch it...scares me!

5. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Oct 14, 2006

we like it too. We are not sure what to think about the black man that keeps his kids locked up and teaches them other names and such...... is he good or bad?

6. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Oct 15, 2006

I think he and his family are in the witness protection program. He was probably some sort of scientist in his former life. I wonder what he buried in the cellar???? It looked like he bricked it up. This program reminds me of Stephen King's THE STAND.

7. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Oct 16, 2006

my husband thinks he burried bomb stuff. Did you see all the guns he had too?

I'm just trying to figure if he is "a bad guy" or good guy", he seams to be helping the town but not sharing the info he found out, and then the guy seams to be collecting info from sitting at the bar. But also he was suspicious when that one guy that was dying.... for what he said they were just going to save their own families.? Well I guess we'll find out.

I haven't noticed this yet but my husband says that watch before the commercial goes they end and start "chapters" and when they forshaddow whats going to be coming.

8. athera

athera Rookie

Oct 22, 2006

Comcast has this show in their on-demand library. :) I can miss an episode during the week and then go back and watch it later or I can re-watch a show to see if I missed anything. I love it.

9. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Oct 22, 2006

How does that work? Can anyone access the 0n-demand library? Is it free? Do you watch on the computer? Sorry, I am techo-impaired.

10. athera

athera Rookie

Oct 22, 2006

It's part of the digital cable and you have to have a digital cable box to use it. It's like having a DVR with a huge library. You just go and tell it what you want to watch of the shows that are available and it plays like a DVD.

11. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Oct 25, 2006

My fiance has gotten me hooked on it! We tivo it every time it's on because neither one of us are home at that time. But I'm always excited to watch it with him...funny thing is, I have yet to see an entire episode, but he keeps me up to date on it so it's ok. We always watch it super late at night, so I end up falling asleep with usually 15-20 minutes left to go!

I must admit, the acting is on the weak side...but I'm also glad they didn't bombard it with all these big name actors/actresses, give some other people a try! (I wouldn't call Skeet Ulrich or that blonde chick from Walking Tall, big name...hehe).

That one black guy (lovely none of us know his name!) creeps me out! I never thought about him being in the witness protection program, but that makes sense. Half the time they make him seem bad, and like he's scheming. But then again, it's probably a trick and he is more than likely the good guy who will save them all...who knows...we all wait to find out!!:D

12. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Oct 26, 2006

my husband seams to think the black guy is in the CIA and the CIA wanted to start a war.

I like how at the end the daughter asked " is that guy good or bad?" and he said "there is no such thing".