Jenny Craig

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by love2teach, Dec 27, 2013.

1. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Dec 27, 2013

Does anyone use it? How much does it end up costing a month w food (looks like it is not included in the membership fee). Are there good results?

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Dec 27, 2013

I've never done it, but a few of my friends have. The food is very expensive, and you still have to buy a lot of regular foods in addition to the packaged stuff. None of my friends has stuck with it for more than a couple of months because 1) it was too expensive to keep up with, 2) the portion sizes were small and the food was not filling, and/or 3) the food was too processed and didn't taste good.

I'd recommend a program like Weight Watchers instead.

4. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Dec 27, 2013

Just count calories. When you watch your portion sizes, you cut your calories by a lot. I'm down 20 pounds just doing that. No special food. No restrictions.

5. LouiseB

LouiseB Cohort

Dec 27, 2013

How do you stay motivated?

6. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Dec 27, 2013

I don't need any kind of outside motivation, but I know some people do. I'm an introvert , and I'm also very independent. Going to meetings seem like pure torture to me.

I'm motivated to keep going by my success.

7. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Dec 27, 2013

I have done WW before with good results, but find it hard to keep motivated and find counting points, tracking on line etc... to get tedious.
    I have a hard time with portion control and crave everything. Some people are "sweets people" or "salty"...I want it all!
    I know that having pre set meals (or a selection of) will help me stay on course. With that, I also know that it can not and will not last forever.

8. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Dec 28, 2013

love to teach--I love to eat everything as well. My biggest factor is to increase my activity.

9. Em_Catz

Em_Catz Devotee

Dec 28, 2013

I've always been a fan of Weight Watchers because of the accountability. Tracking is a pain, but it really does help.

I find that if I don't make an effort to change my eating habits, but just write everything down in a notebook, I unconsciously eat less.

It's easy for me to down a bag of cheddar popcorn and forget about it, as if it's a secret. Having to actually write it down, I feel guilty and the need to regain control.

10. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Dec 28, 2013

I've done both WW and JC and a big difference is that the consultant actually sits down with you and you are able to get one on one attention/help. At WW it seemed anonymous and you could just sit there and not really participate if you didn't want to. The pre-packaged foods are pretty good but there are some downsides to them in my opinion such as sodium content and not low carb (which I prefer but didn't know anything about at the time when I joined JC). If you need someone there to is available for you to talk with and even call with question on occasion then JC is a good idea. It is expensive but they do eventually teach you to plan meals on your own and ween you off the packaged meals. Any plan will work if you stick to it but some plans are just not suited to some people.