Jennifer Hudson Family Tragedy

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by WindyCityGal606, Oct 27, 2008.

1. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Oct 27, 2008

I am so shocked that this would happen to someone. Three family members lost in a matter of a few days. All to senseless violence. I know a lot of people think that's just the way it is here in Chicago, but really, it's not the norm. This is just terrible and my heart and prayers go out to her and her sister. Jennifer Hudson is a young person who has done everything right and had the world at her feet. Now, she is left with heartache and sorrow so deep that no person should ever have to deal with.

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Oct 27, 2008

I just found out about her nephew. I am so sad for her and the rest of her family. :(

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 27, 2008

This is truly sad. The last I heard, she's offering a $100K reward for the disappearance of her nephew.

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Oct 27, 2008

I've just heard the barest outline of the story: that 2 familiy members (her mom and brother I think??) had been murdered and that her nephew is missing. Is he a suspect, or the suspected victim of more violence?

And Chicago is one of my MOST FAVORITE cities!!

Violence can happen anywhere. Just think of all the small towns which have somehow come synonomous with violence to so many Americans, particularly since Columbine.

6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Oct 27, 2008

The little boy was found murdered in an SUV today. So sad.

7. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Oct 27, 2008

He was only 7. The people who called the police said the SUV that was on the Amber Alert for a missing child was parked on their street all weekend and they finally became suspicious this morning so they called the police who found the little boy inside.

8. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Oct 27, 2008

Last I read they were questioning the estranged husband of Jennifer's sister but they havn't made any arrests.

9. blessedhands

blessedhands Comrade

Oct 27, 2008

Gees, people are so heartless. Couldnt they have left the poor innocent youth alive? :(

RIP all 3.

10. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Oct 27, 2008

That's so sad-- last I heard they found a body in the SUV that has not yet been identified. My stomach felt like it "dropped" and I was really hoping that it turned out to be nothing.

Why are people so disgusting?!? :mad: :(

11. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Oct 27, 2008

I feel so bad for her & her family. How tragic indeed!!! To deal with all of these deaths at once how overwhelming!!!

Prayers to her & her family!!!

12. cosmoteach

cosmoteach Rookie

Oct 27, 2008

I can not imagine having to mourn 3 of the closest people to you all at one time. My heart is still recovering (a few years later) from the death of my mom. I can not imagine, my mom, brother, and nephew all at the same time. It makes me very sad for her and for her family. What a total tragedy.

13. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 27, 2008

Oh no. I didn't know the young nephew has been murdered. That's too bad.

14. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Oct 27, 2008

I just heard that her nephew was killed too. I am so saddened by these events:(.

15. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Oct 27, 2008

Do they think all three murders are related. Do they think the same person did all three?

16. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

17. SuzieQ

SuzieQ Companion

Oct 27, 2008

In Cali we heard that their were different accounts of when the car was seen on the street. Somebody said they called the police I believe on Saturday of the suspicious car but the police never came out. The reporter also said that a different witness said that it wasn't there on Saturday that it was there on Sunday meaing that someone else besides the person of interest in jail (Hudson's estranged brother-in-law) may be in on it as well. My heart broke when I heard the news.

18. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Oct 27, 2008

I am truly sadend, anguished, disgusted, broken hearted and sympathetic for J.Hudson right now. I cannot imagine going through something like this. Just like herself, I know how it is to be close to your mother, love your brother to death, and would die for your nephew and to have something like this happen?.......

I cannot believe it. I keep putting myself in her shoes but I can't bare to. My prayers go out to her family right now.:(

19. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Oct 28, 2008

I know that this is a tragedy for Jennifer and my heart aches for her, but her heart really aches for her sister who has lost her child, her mother, and her brother. This whole family has to be devastated. They are going to have to rely of God to help them make it thru this tragedy. I heard on the news that Jennifer had tried to get her mother to leave this area, but she refused. But I must say if it was the BIL, he would have done it anywhere they were. What's so sad is that some of the neighbors said that they heard gunshots but didn't call the police because it is normal to hear gunshots in their neighborhood. What a horrible tragedy!!!!