Jeans!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 29, 2010

Let's talk all about them! :)

How many pairs do you have?
    How often do you wear them?
    Etc.

I didn't wear them yrs ago as often as I do now. I have about 7 prs. (3 dk blue, blk, wht, dk blue embellished, another).
    I wear them almost daily whether it be for work or on my own time.
    I think the dk blue, bootleg, stretch style is the most flattering for anyone (females that is). I like the brands Jag & Kut from the kloth ($60-80 range).

3. TeacherApr

TeacherApr Groupie

Jul 29, 2010

hmm I have about 9-10 pairs but some of them were when I was in that in between stage after pregnancy and now.

It's hot down here so I only wear them on Fridays at school (when we are allowed) and on weekends during our cool period (Nov-Feb) We don't have 4 seasons...just summer and spring lol

Mine are all regular jean color. One pair is light and are all boot cut and low rise. I refuse to pay over $30 for a pair of jeans.

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 29, 2010

I don't wear them in the summer except for a pair of denim shorts and a pair of capris. I have several pair of 'Seven' jeans, a pair of Hydraulic and a pair of Citizens. Several pair from the Gap, a pair from the Limited.

I don't wear them to school except for some spirit days and on field trips. I live in them on weekends most of the year.

I don't own any mom jeans.

5. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2010

Being old and cranky, I prefer "mom jeans" that come all the way up to my waist, and I don't like the bulky seams in regular jeans, so the only pair I have (which I'm wearing right now and wear to school every Friday) are actually a knit denim from a store called Appleseeds. A lot of their stuff is too matronly for me, but I luuuuuve these jeans!

6. Starista

Starista Cohort

Jul 29, 2010

You can't go wrong with a good pair of jeans.

I am fond of Old Navy jeans and their new jean capris that are ON SALE this week!

I like regular denim jeans and dark jeans for colors.

BUT...

You weren't cool in junior high or high school unless your wardrobe supplied the following denim products:
    -1 pair acid washed jeans, properly tight rolled to show off your neon scrunch socks and Keds.
    -1 pair colored jeans... I'm ashamed to admit I had coral colored ones... and green ones... and red ones. :(
    -1 pair denim or plaid overalls. Note: you could not attain the coolness unless you properly unfastened one of the straps of yoru overalls.

All the rage were Guess? jeans with the triangle on the back pocket. Assure me that I am not the only one who remembers these? My mom made me buy Jordache jeans in 8th grade. I pitched a fit, as "all my other" friends got Guess? jeans. I still haven't forgiven her for that social disaster.

It's too hot in so. florida for jeans right now...!! The capris are still good though! :) :love::love:

7. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Jul 29, 2010

I have 6 pairs: 1 dark wide leg, 1 light wide leg, 1 long boot cut, 2 regular length boot cut, 1 capri

I enjoy a variety of cuts, all lower rise.

I wear them on weekends, Fridays, or field trips.

8. tb71

tb71 Cohort

Jul 29, 2010

9. MissJennifer

MissJennifer Companion

Jul 29, 2010

Oh man - I had some SWEET acid wash STRETCH jeans when I was about 8th grade. They even had zippers at the ankle with bows at the top of them. And another pair with bows at the waste (like back yoke area) I had some yellow jeans and pink jeans as well as a few pairs of overalls.

My mom refused to pay over $20 for jeans, and I remember wanting a pair of Guess? jeans SOOOOO bad when I was in 7th or 8th grade. All my friends had them, and I just wanted that stupid triangle on my jeans. So my mom and I worked out a deal - she would pay $20 and I would pay the rest (this was standard if I wanted jeans over $20). So, off to the store I went to buy my Guess? jeans - I tried them on, and they looked HORRIBLE on me. So I ended up with something else anyway!

I still refuse to pay very much for jeans - my mom drilled that into me so young - $30 is tops for me now - I like that it still is in the "20's"! Ha ha!

I have a hard time finding jeans that fit though, I'm short, but not skinny, and have a hard time finding good short/petite jeans, that aren't "mom" jeans. Especially on my budget! I've had luck at Kohls and JCPenney. Speaking of which, I need to start looking for some new ones!! :) I think I have 4 pairs right now - but they're starting to show their wear - I like darker wash, straight leg - medium rise.

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 29, 2010

Speaking of Guess, I remember when I had the Guess jeans & matching jacket. Also had this Bongo denim patterned skirt w/ matching short-sleeved jacket.

11. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jul 29, 2010

Hahaha zippers with the bows!! I begged my mom to buy them! I think I was in 8th grade.

Right now I am looking for some new jeans since I can fit into a smaller size. I havn't found any that I liked yet so I guess I'll keep looking. I have a Macy's gift card so I think I will check out their jeans selection soon.

12. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Jul 29, 2010

I'm on the hunt right now... found some at Gap that I like but I'm waiting for a sale??

I have only worn Express for the last 6 years or so. But this year they pretty much lost me. First, they were out of my size for 6 months! On the website, checked 3 stores in 2 states... I was told that they had run out entirely (the whole chain) and would get more in July.

So after waiting for half a YEAR, I went in last week. Everything was faded or distressed in weird places (umm... I'm buying new jeans so that they AREN'T faded on my butt, thank you very much!).

So I left in a sad, sad, mood and walked into Gap. I'm not sure I love them as much as my precious Express Stella bootcuts, but it appears I don't have a choice.

13. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 29, 2010

A WHOLE BUNCH! And in a wide range of sizes. :whistle:

14. Mrs Ski

Mrs Ski Companion

Jul 29, 2010

I also have every size from the hopeful pre-baby size 4s that I will never get back into. to the post baby size 12, that I hope I will never get back into.

Currently ones that fit, I have 2 pair dark was LEI's from walmart. 1 med wash LEIs from walmart, some LEVI capris (maybe 2 pair). I have some Paris Blues dark wash. And that is all I can think of right now, because it is WAY TO HOT, to be wearing Jeans. Even my Capris are too hot some days. I prefer a light weight khaki in the summer, either bermudas or capris.

15. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jul 29, 2010

I just bought a pair from Maurices on sale for $20.

16. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 29, 2010

I have about 3-4 pair that I rotate through. Dark wash, boot cut. I'm waiting to be down another size before I buy any more.

I soooooo remember the Guess? jeans and the acid watch jeans. I wanted some Guess? sooo bad. Finally got them!! I had a pair of green and a pair of red jeans too...and a few pairs of overalls. :eek:

17. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 29, 2010

I rocked the overalls as well. My papaw is absolutely adorable in overalls—he wears them every single day—but me...not so much.

18. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 29, 2010

I really dislike jeans. It's mainly because they don't fit me well. I am NOT blessed in the rear-end department. My hips/thighs have always been the same size as my waist. I used to wear mens jeans or junior cut jeans because they were cut narrow through the hips.

Taking steroids added weight to my middle, so now my waist is larger than my hips. Jeans that fit me in the butt/thighs won't button. Jeans that button are baggy everywhere else.

I can't wear flared jeans because my legs are really short. Flares are supposed to start flaring from the knee, and on me they flare at the calf and are baggy at the knee.

I can't wear skinny jeans because I'm really top heavy. I look silly with big boobs and a thick waist on stick legs.

Low rise jeans work great for me. I've got a short rise, so the low rise jeans actually come to right under my belly button.

I have only boot cut, straight cut, and trouser cut jeans. All are darker wash. I may have 8 pairs. I hardly ever wear them. I usually only go to work or church. I don't wear jeans either place. All of my jeans are Right Fit jeans from Lane Bryant. Their "yellow" fit is made for people like me who don't have a butt.

19. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Jul 29, 2010

It's all about the button extender. I have no butt and my waist is bigger than my hips now that I am also on steriods. I use a button extender and cover it with a belt on those days when I am especially bloated.

20. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 29, 2010

I'm so into the skinny jeans!! I now owe 3 all from Old Navy.
    [​IMG]

I owe around 8 jeans or more...

21. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2010

I refuse to buy another pair of jeans in "this size" :rolleyes: so, I am going back & forth between 2 pairs of jeans while I'm trying to lose weight.
    I dp have a great pair of "nice" jeans that I will wear going out to somewhere nice and 2 pairs of jean capris that I may wear once or twice a year - I hate my legs!

I also have one pair of jean shorts.

During school; I don't wear any jeans and when I get home, it's t-shirts & shorts around the house. I wear dress pants or a skirt to school.

22. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jul 29, 2010

I have over a dozen pairs.
    I like Gap and Levi.

23. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Jul 30, 2010

:thumb:
    My variety consists of mostly Levi and a few Old Navy.

24. ecsmom

ecsmom Habitué

Jul 30, 2010

I like Eddie Bauer and Coldwater Creek. I like a natural waist with straight legs, not skinny. I don't like stretch jeans, they seem to grow bigger during the day.

25. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Jul 30, 2010

I've recently decided that spending more on some things is worth it...jeans is on my list for that. I have one pair of Silver jeans that my daughter decided she didn't want anymore, so I shortened them to my length and I love them. They are comfy, fit exactly right everywhere (except of course the length, but that's easily fixed) and they are the 'real' jeans that aren't really stretchy which I love. Nothing beats a good pair of worn in jeans! That is the only pair of jeans I have and I will be looking for 1-2 more pairs once school starts.

I like low rise, boot or straight cut and as little stretch as possible. I look for them on sale, but if I really love them I'll pay up to $60 for a pair.

26. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 30, 2010

CT, I hate stretchy jeans as well! Hate the, hate them, hate them! And because I'm a larger person, apparently every company thinks I want or need a "touch of spandex". Not true!

I wear flare or trouser style only.

27. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 30, 2010

DKNY is a nice brand.

Anybody have the brand Not Your Daughter's Jeans? I want to try some one day. They're supposed to mk you look a size smaller: http://www.nydj.com/

28. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 30, 2010

Oooohhhh!! I need one of those! Where did you find it? I've even resorted to cutting the sides of the waistband to give extra room. I've thought about buying maternity pants.

29. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 30, 2010

All my jeans are from clothing swaps. I hate buying them, as I'm never super happy with how they look. I would much rather buy a pair of cords, capris or other dressy pants. So I have maybe 5 pairs, but they are all well used from other people. The pair I'm currently wearing was obtained from my last clothing swap, and must be petite. I rolled them up into capris and now they are perfect. But unrolled, they come just above my ankles in a baaaad way.

A friend works for Levis and said they just came out with a new style that is suppose to be great for those of us with larger hips and smaller waists. I may try them this weekend, but I'm not expecting anything great.

30. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 30, 2010

Jem, I have insanely wide hips and a defined waist, though I use that term very loosely, so please let me know if you find success with those from Levis. I've bought some of their jeans for curvy figures before but still...

31. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 30, 2010

You've got it, JustMe. Dawn works at the corporate office and swears they will get rid of the gap in the waist. I'll see if she's at the gym tonight and ask her for the style name.

32. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 30, 2010

If they come out with some for us no-butt people, let me know!

33. Starista

Starista Cohort

Jul 30, 2010

You can get button extenders at any fabric store... if you have Jo-Ann in your area they have one for sure!

I recently purchased one for when my pants start getting too tight due to pregnancy... those "tummy bands" kind of scare me. :eek:

34. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 31, 2010

I guess in the meantime, you have to get Booty Pop for that! No seriously, that's what it's called...the panty w/ the padded area. (There's other brands of it out there too though). I personally don't need it, but here's the link: :)

http://www.buybootypop.com/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=bootypop/story.html

35. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 31, 2010

That is TOO FUNNY!! I should buy some of those.