Jeans + a Top

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 6, 2011

Do you basically wear jeans almost daily & just different tops...whether for work or play?

I didn't always used to be that way, but I've gotten into doing it quite a bit (for work & play). At my district, I can wear jeans M-F if I want to. I have several pairs in dk denim, white, grey, & blk. I'll wear skirts sometimes & I've bought a few more dresses because I plan to wear them more often.

3. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

Aug 6, 2011

I do this all the time. I make sure I have various shades of denim and pair it with a cute top. So I am basically shopping for tops when I go out. And cute flats.

4. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Aug 6, 2011

I have gotten to where I almost never wear jeans anymore. It's just too hot here! Also, even my newest ones are already too big and I can't wear them to work, so I don't have many of them anyway. I'm wearing way more skirts than I ever used to, and also cropped pants. This summer it's been walking shorts and a T-shirt everyday.

5. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

Aug 6, 2011

Yes MissCeliaB. In the summer I am wearing more shorts and dresses but during the school year its jeans.

6. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 6, 2011

I LOVE wearing skinny jeans and a cute tank top. For work, I rarely ever wear jeans, unless every now and then on a Friday.

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 6, 2011

I rarely wear jeans to work...mostly on spirit days or field trips. We have a monthly fund raiser day where we pay $5 on a Friday to wear jeans and the money goes to a charity. The majority of my work days are 'teacher pofessional' dress. On weekends, yeah it's jeans or shorts.

8. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Aug 6, 2011

I can't wear jeans to work and I only have one pair that I like how they fit, and of course Gap no longer makes them (trouser jeans), so nope, not a common look for me. Now, on the weekends, if I can manage to find a pair I like, it will definitely become my standard weekend outfit again.

9. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Aug 6, 2011

In the summer I only wear dresses and skirts. In the winter dresses and skirts, and jeans on the weekends

10. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 6, 2011

I wear jeans to work on Fridays and, maybe one or two other times during the month. At home and on weekends, I'm in yoga pants or jeans.

11. GoldenPoppy

GoldenPoppy Habitué

Aug 6, 2011

I don't own a pair of jeans. I don't own a pair of pants.

12. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 6, 2011

:lol:I don't own a skirt!

13. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 6, 2011

Really?! I don't own a romper...except for a sleek, blk, short-sleeved one I haven't worn it in yrs.

14. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 6, 2011

I don't own one of those either, and never will!

15. Mrs. Q

Mrs. Q Cohort

Aug 6, 2011

We can only wear jeans on Fridays or field trip days. Sometimes we can pay money for a fundraiser and get to wear jeans - in which case I always do! Last year we had to wear a school shirt if we were wearing jeans, which took some of the fun out of it - we have a new principal and I'm hoping that policy changes, lol.

My vice is that sometime in the fall, I start wearing a LOT of khakis. I really need to avoid that this year, lol.

16. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 6, 2011

Mrs.Q~that's how I am too..khakis are my fav! I'm hoping to dress a little different this year...more of a variety.

17. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 6, 2011

I don't own khakis.:lol:

18. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Aug 6, 2011

I prefer jeans and t-shirts (old school shirts, band shirts, quirky little things, etc.)

At work I wear khakis and jeans (jeans less often now due to a rule change).

I don't own a skirt, dress, suit, or blazer. I have one pair of actual dress pants but they no longer fit.

19. Jlyn07

Jlyn07 Comrade

Aug 6, 2011

I live in jeans. In my current school we don't have a dress code so I wear them a couple of times a week to school. On the weekends, if I'm not in sweatpants, it's jeans!

20. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 6, 2011

Wow! No skirts???

21. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 6, 2011

I know Jem!! It's insane in the brain.

I'm wearing a skirt today! :D This one in fact. I love it!

22. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 6, 2011

Sooooo cute, Peachy!

I'm wearing jeans that are too tight around my stomach that is full of a chocolate whoopie pie.

It was worth it, though.

23. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 6, 2011

Jem, I own three of them in different colors. Hubby thinks that is odd to own one item in different colors. meh, I really like 'em! :)

Jem, what kind of shoes do you think would go best with that kind of skirt. So far, I've just been wearing sandals because I can't quite figure out what would best go with the skirt.

24. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 6, 2011

A platform sandal or clog would be cute. Old Navy has those too!

25. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 6, 2011

Hmm, I do have one platform sandal, I believe. I'll try that one out. Thanks czacza. I forgot that you are the Shoe Guru.

26. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 6, 2011

Hmmm...can I get that added under my username?:whistle::D

27. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Aug 6, 2011

I rarely wear jeans. Until last year we were allowed to wear them to work, but we can't now. The only places I go are work, church, and shopping . . . and when I'm shopping, I've usually been to either work or church, so I'm wearing other clothes.

When we could wear jeans to work, I wore them maybe every couple of weeks in winter, paired with blouse and blazer or cardigan.

I don't ever wear them in summer.

28. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Aug 6, 2011

I bought three pairs of twill pants--black, khaki, and brown--last year, and I quickly realized that all of my shirts were too dressy for them. :confused: I bought some casual shirts, and then I felt like I wasn't "dressed" for work.

29. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Aug 6, 2011

Jeans only on Fridays and on the weekends when it is cooler, way too hot right now to wear them anywhere!

30. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Aug 6, 2011

I can't remember the last time I wore jeans :lol: I actually wear them all the time but it's been so hot! I normally ride in jeans as well but again it's been so hot that I haven't been riding! I've also slowly been trying to switch over to riding in breeches.

I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable wearing jeans to teach in unless it was on a fundraiser day or field trip or something. I am still very young and the students wear uniforms at the school. I'm sure jeans aren't allowed but even if they were I don't think I'd wear them very often!

31. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 6, 2011

Beg a moderator. :D

32. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 7, 2011

Speaking of this, I remember I started a thread asking people if they owned the same clothing in the SAME color! Hey, if you like it enough, get the same color (in addition to other colors offered), so you won't have to launder it so much.

By the way, I don't know how many of you guys get coupons in the mail for various clothing stores for so many dollars off when you spend a certain amt, but New York & Co just sent the bigges amt off they've ever had:
    $70 off when you spend $150 (also $30 off $75)
    I don't know if I'll do that $70 deal, maybe the $30 one.