January

Discussion in 'Montessori Archives' started by diggerdeb, Dec 13, 2003.

1. diggerdeb

diggerdeb Comrade

Dec 13, 2003

Hi! I'm not a Montessori teacher but...
    When you were part of the general chat group you were always adding so much input. I can't believe that you folks are not sworming with chat.

Anyway-
    What cha' doin' to get ready for January?

Every year when I put away my Dec stuff- my room looks so bare.

I am doing lacing snowman, etc. Yes, I live in Buffalo NY so I am ready for snow.

What other great stuff are you doing?

I went to many links but I just wondered if you had anything else.

3. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Dec 13, 2003

still here

Trying to think about our january themes and how we implement them in practical life/fine motor skills. Still have THIS week to finish december themes!! still waiting to swap materials!!

4. MDMontessori

MDMontessori Companion

Dec 14, 2003

I am so swamped with life I seldom even get to check this board. I have decided that January is going to be snowmen and snowflakes, etc. I am buying this stuff now as it is out with the Xmas things.

I also went on a week long cruise...the first ever in my life to Key West and Mexico with my daughter on a great group rate deal. It left me way behind the power curve.

We have a music teacher who is supposed to do the holiday program. I came back and found out she does not have a clue...arggggg. So I chose "I am getting nuthin for Christmas" for us to sing. They love it and the lyrics are easy.

Eileen

5. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Dec 17, 2003

themes of january

I know we have martin luther king birthday and that when i usually put out my nobel peace prize timeline. Also I have a folder with how to say peace and love in all/many languages of the world. The response sheet i use has a dove and symbols of peace and blank lines for the kids to write some of the 'new languages' they have seen. Also, the heart is above the spaces for the kids to write in some of the ways to say love...

Animals is Jan. culture studies theme so classification of animals and habitats will come out also. I have two months for animals so i am going to start off with parts of fish,mammal, bird, amphibian, reptile.. Then I will later get into the insects and annelids, mullosks, cnidarians etc... Cycles of their lives/stages...

this new campus i am on, I doubt i will do any fine motor skills lessons with doves as push pinning.... I am going to rummage thru my stuff this holiday to prep for returning from vacation... ruth