Jan Richardson - Guided Reading

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by woobie5, Aug 19, 2010.

1. woobie5

woobie5 Comrade

Aug 19, 2010

Does anyone use this? I am just starting using it but would love to hear from others who are using it. I have a few questions beyond the beginning lessons that she describes.

3. UVAgrl928

UVAgrl928 Habitué

Aug 19, 2010

I do and I LOVE her! I was initially really against her lessons, because they are only 20 minutes, but she is able to pack so many skills into them! I use the emergent and transitional plans the most (I don't like her Fluent plan so I do lit circles instead). I have been lucky enough to attend several of her sessions in our county, and she is really interesting to listen to.

I have copies of her templates in a word document if you want to use them to type your lessons. I also have some examples of lessons I have in her format.

4. woobie5

woobie5 Comrade

Aug 19, 2010

Ooooo! I would love your docs if you don't mind sharing! THANK YOU! I will pm you my email address!

5. UVAgrl928

UVAgrl928 Habitué

Aug 19, 2010

I just sent you an email with the docs! If anyone else is interested, just let me know!

6. lookingtolearn

lookingtolearn New Member

Aug 28, 2010

I am VERY interested in learning about Jan Richardson and would love some info/materials if you are willing to share!! Just started working with 2nd graders; I'm a special educator who will focus on reading in an inclusion class.
    Thanks so much!

7. UVAgrl928

UVAgrl928 Habitué

Aug 28, 2010

Perfect :) I teach 2nd grade, and I have many SPED and ESOL students. I really like her program because of how much it exposes kids to text. This was the first year we used her plans, and we all noted the significant progress that our kids made. I had two kids that really made a ridiculous amount of progress. They both started at a DRA 4, and ended the year at a 30!

With her plan, kids cover a book in 2-3 days! This means with my low guys I am getting through at least two books a week. If you PM me your email address, I will send you the templates, and a few examples :)

8. kmhof84

kmhof84 New Member

Oct 8, 2012

Hi UVAgirl, I know this thread was from a while back, but I was wondering if you could send me the documents you have on Jan Richardson. I am interested in using her methods for guided reading in my kindergarten class.

9. hatima

hatima Devotee

Oct 8, 2012

I very much like the book The Next Steps in Guided Reading by Jan Richardson. I googled the book to find a link for it, (it has some great documents...my book is in a box that I can't get to to scan it for you). But I found her website. It has some documents

http://www.janrichardsonguidedreading.com/services

10. cml88

cml88 Companion

Oct 9, 2012

UVAgrl, I would LOVE any Jan richardson materials you would be interested in sharing. Thank you for your generous offer...I will pm you my e-mail

11. tg56

tg56 New Member

Feb 11, 2014

JR templates, on word?

I too would very much like your jan richardson templates, on word. Thanks