J&K+8 to make announcment on 06/22

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by emmakate218, Jun 18, 2009.

1. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Jun 18, 2009

TLC released a promo of the 06/22 episode of Jon & Kate +8. Apparently, it's a one hour episode that was just filmed and will reveal a family announcement. To view the promo, click here.

Rumors on J&K+8 blogs are that after Kate's two week vacation to the beach with her children and her bodyguard/boyfriend have caused Jon to finally file for divorce. According to rumors, he told TLC he was going to file next week and TLC quickly threw together an episode to announce the divorce before the gossip mags make the announcement.

What do those of y'all that are "fans" think? Divorce announcement or a ploy to get increased ratings after the recent drop in ratings?

3. Newto3rd

Newto3rd Companion

Jun 18, 2009

I love Jon and Kate! This recent bad publicity makes me sick! And not just toward the tabloid folks, but toward Jon and Kate also. It's gonna SUCK for the kids if they divorce. I really like Kate (yes, she's a "stitch") but she has totally changed in the past year or so. She wants to make it out like it's Jon, but it's her too!! She would have never worn a bikini (or 5!) in public a couple of years ago!

They are in a MARRIAGE - a partnership and they claim to be Christians too. Well, turn to GOD and get some answers!!

And I'm REALLY ill that I'll be on vacation and have to wait a week to see the big show. grrr.... I hope that they announce that they're canceling their show to work on their marriage and family issues. They need to cut the crap and worry about what's really important.

4. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jun 18, 2009

It would be best if they announce the cancellation of the show, but I doubt they will. I feel a divorce is more likely at this point. :(

5. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Jun 18, 2009

I just think all of this should happen in private. I really don't care about the personal details of their lives. I just enjoy watching the children. Somehow, the show should have handled all of this differently.

6. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Jun 18, 2009

I agree with everyone. Keeping the show on is, IMO, making everything much worse. Kate is a totally different person then when the show started, Jon has withdrawn and seems depressed. They need to work on things privately without any cameras around.

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 18, 2009

I have a feeling it'll be the divorce. Though the show has seen a huge dip in ratings so it could be for ratings. I doubt it though.

8. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

Jun 18, 2009

I think most of us hope it's an announcement that they're ending the show. But I think it will be the divorce. It's sad to say, but I think they're past repair...

Interesting article I read-- inspired by Jon and Kate
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/pers...ting.ever.deserved/index.html?iref=newssearch

TLC totally slapped this episode together too. It wasn't even scheduled on my Comcast guide for Monday-- different Jon and Kate reruns are scheduled for that time slot.

9. tiki7719

tiki7719 Companion

10. peggy27

peggy27 Cohort

Jun 19, 2009

I have never really watched the show but I think they need to cancel the show and do what is right for the kids. They are the ones that are being hurt. It's amazing what money and fame does to people!

11. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Jun 19, 2009

I think this is TLC's attempt to bump up the ratings. J&K lost 1 million viewers from the season opener this week's episode.

12. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Jun 19, 2009

For several years fans have been telling Jon to stand up to Kate, and now that he has, they are mad. What did they expect? I know that getting away from Kate will work great for Jon, but those kids love him.

13. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jun 19, 2009

The media has been indicating that Jon has been removed from his family for great lengths of time in the recent months. But the thing is, he can be divorced from Kate and still be a good father and his children will still love him...if he learns how to adjust to the (probable) new family configuration. I'm going to assume that if they divorce things will eventually settle and the two will work together for the sake of the kids. I am going to assume he will spend less time away from their home avoiding controversy and media attention (while at the same time creating it) and more time with his children. Divorce saddens me, but the unfortunate truth is that it's common and families larger and just as darling than this one cope with it. This is hard for them all, I know, and I trust in time the dust will settle, wounds will heal, and life will move on.

14. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jun 19, 2009

I hope they can both become less co-dependent, more mature, more honest and that they will work on the issues in their marriage. With professional help. Off camera. Their children deserve it.

15. wdwteach

wdwteach Cohort

Jun 19, 2009

Jon is not standing up to Kate. He is totally whining! The last few shows - he can only whine about his life. He doesn't seem to turning down the motorcycles, new car, and trips that he gets from doing the show. Yuck - what a whiner baby.

16. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Jun 19, 2009

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the real losers are the children. Not only do they have to deal with all the household strife, but they have to live it out on a national stage and years from now they'll have to read about it. All these things that are being said about their parents, as everybody from respectable news agencies, to tabloids to bloggers take sides and bash each parent with equal disdain (depending on the blog). How will those children feel as teens and young adults when they finally begin to understand all of this? Their parents turned them into a sideshow act for profit. I call it child abuse. I've been hoping they'd cancel the show for years and refuse to watch TLC at all because of it (and other similar shows).

17. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jun 19, 2009

An announcement? I think it would be cruel for them to announce it on their show; boy that's really low.
    So, I'm really hoping that they are going to announce that the show will cease so they can work on their marriage.

18. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jun 19, 2009

I clicked on the link and it's been removed. :unsure:

19. wdwteach

wdwteach Cohort

Jun 19, 2009

The promo had a misspelled word (familly) so that may be why it is now gone.

20. Petite_Teacher

Petite_Teacher Companion

Jun 20, 2009

I think that they are announcing their divorce or taking a break from the show to try to concentrate on their Marriage. I really hope that they think all of their decisions through for the sake of the kids and their Marriage. We'll see on 6/22 what the annoucement will bring.

21. jenn888

jenn888 Rookie

Jun 20, 2009

Even though I love the show...well I loved it before all this happened. I hope that they will cancel it. When I heard they were doing 40 episodes this time I could not believe it. The kids are being hurt by all of this....Is all the money they get really worth having their family torn apart.

22. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jun 20, 2009

I also heard that TLC requested 40 more shows. oh my.

Now, I have a feeling that they're going their separate ways.

Did anyone notice that Jon is sporting an earring now? I saw it in one of the photos.

23. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Jun 20, 2009

Well, I don't really watch the show anymore because I think the situation is so sad. But I'd be shocked if they announced they are discontinuing the show. I won't be surprised if they announce a pending divorce. However, I also wouldn't put it past TLC to hype a "big announcement," only to find out they are getting rid of the dogs or something "minor" like that.

24. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

25. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jun 20, 2009

All I ask is that you east-coasters don't ruin it for us west-coasters on Monday night.

Bachelor finale.... cough, cough....

26. yearroundteach

yearroundteach Companion

Jun 20, 2009

I think the whole thing is sad. I can't really add anything beyond what everyone has said. I think it's a toss up between divorce or cancelling the show. Sadly, it will most likely be an announcement of their divorce based on what has happened so far. I am holding on to hope that it isn't but I think it probably is.

By the way, what does Kate's choice in swimwear (a bikini) have to do with the dissolution of their marriage? Just curious as I was confused by that statement.

27. Newto3rd

Newto3rd Companion

Jun 20, 2009

I was just saying that she has changed a lot. That was my point. I think she looks great by the way. I'm glad that she's confident enough to wear it even though she's had 8 kids! She should be! She looks awesome!

She used to make Jon pick out her clothes because she couldn't dress herself. I was making the point at how she's changed a lot too, not just Jon. On the season premiere she made it sound like Jon used to be happy with their life, but now HE's changed. I think they both have done their share of changing.

That was my point, not that she shouldn't wear any swimsuit she chooses to wear.

28. smalltowngal

Jun 20, 2009

Newto3rd~she wouldn't have had that body if a plastic surgeon's wife wasn't into the show and ask him to perform a tummy tuck on her. Yes, she looks great!! But its just something else that she got for free because of the show.

29. yearroundteach

yearroundteach Companion

Jun 20, 2009

Thanks for clarifying. I agree with most of what you've said which is why I was confused. She does look great (and yes it's mostly thanks to surgery), she has gotten a sense of style (or a stylist) rather than Jon picking her clothes out, and yes she should be confident with her new body. I see all of these things as positives or as neutrals that don't have much of a bearing by themselves on a marriage.

My point was just that I also agree that they've both done their share of changing and both have major claims to the blame in their marital problems. I just thought there were far more obvious ways she's contributed to the dissolution of the marriage than her change in looks, style, or bathing suit.

30. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Jun 20, 2009

For the sake of the kids, it is time to close the curtain. I can only imagine the therapy sessions these kids are going to need once they realize what is going on (and I am sure on some level, they do know what is going on). There is no way that parents at the kids school are not talking....and I am sure some of these paretns are talking infront of the Gosselin's classmates.

At this point, TLC sholud be ashamed of themselves for even filming them...they are just as greedy as J & K.

Of course,I will watch to see what hte big annoucement is ...but then I think I *might* call it quits!

31. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jun 20, 2009

I'm not sure you guys give the kids enough credit. Just because you're on TV doesn't mean you'll automatically need therapy. Or if your parents have issues, you'll have issues regarding those issues. They do have each other, and a very happy life, and their parents are both still in their lives. Besides the tabloids, I'm not sure why people think they will be so messed up! If I found a bunch of articles about my parents being weird when I was young, I'd shrug it off and move on. I know they both love me and everyone has issues at some point. They know their parents love them, and being on TV is just what they do right now.

32. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Jun 20, 2009

Jem,
    They may not need therapy (and I hope that they grow up to be happy, well adjusted adults). It just seems like they have a lot on their plates....crews follow them everywhere, mom and dad getting BAD press (people are saying really, really horrible things about them), mom and dad not getting along very well, and paparazzi everywhere they turn (stores, birthday parties, driveway etc....).

As Jon said on one of the episodes....my kids are going to google me one day....

On another note, I think that the kids are a great, adorable and well behaved. That said, Jon and Kate are doing something right. I just hope that they are able to work out their differences and reunite their family!

33. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jun 21, 2009

I'm turned off by the upcoming "announcement" only because we all know that their first new show that came out 2 weeks ago hit an all-time high in ratings; and the following week, ratings dropped.

I think TLC is just as bad as the dirt rags out there; I agree with the other poster who said, maybe one of their dogs ran away or something like that. That could be the big announcement. :whistle:

That being said...of course, I'm going to watch tomorrow night!!! :eek: :p

34. becky

becky Enthusiast

Jun 21, 2009

I was disgusted to see Kate riding on Paul Sr's bike instead of her husband's bike. I was flipping around and happened to see this the other night. How much more 'in your face' can she get with the cameras rolling?

35. KinderMissN

KinderMissN Companion

Jun 21, 2009

TLC is using them as a giant ad campaign for all of their shows and their sister channel's shows. I used to like watching how they went about their everyday life with 8 kids, but since when is Emeril coming over to cook everyday? I wish they would just announce they are stopping the show to work on their family life, but I doubt TLC would let them off the hook that easily. TLC looks at their current situation and sees only green.

36. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jun 21, 2009

My boyfriend said maybe the big announcement is she is pregnant! lol That would certainly change the family! (And the name of the show!)

37. smalltowngal

Jun 21, 2009

:eek: I hope not!!!

38. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Jun 22, 2009

Who's the father? :eek:

39. becky

becky Enthusiast

40. becky

becky Enthusiast