Ivy League School Materials

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Teachling, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Aug 15, 2013

I'm needed to find some things like tshirts, pennants and such for college awareness campaign. I'm needing things from schools like Yale, MIT, Columbia, Harvard, and Princeton. I'm wondering where I could find some things for a very reasonable price.

3. Myrisophilist

Myrisophilist Habitué

Aug 15, 2013

Those schools have marketing departments that could probably hook you up with some free promotional materials if you contact them directly.

4. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 15, 2013

Try getting your kids to write formal letters to the schools' admissions departments, asking for (donations of) college memorabilia. The worst that happens is that the school says no. You could also look up and contact the nearest branches of the schools' alumni associations: proud grads are often happy to pony up for a pennant or two.

5. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Aug 15, 2013

Thank you for that lead. I think I found a couple of places in the metro area and I sent a couple of emails out. Hopefully I hear from someone soon. Thank you greatly for the tip!!

6. 2ndTimeAround

2ndTimeAround Phenom

Aug 16, 2013

I'm curious why you aren't asking for community colleges and local state universities. Is it because you already have that material?

7. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Aug 16, 2013

No the P specifically wanted it to be out of state Ivy League schools. It was her call.

8. 2ndTimeAround

2ndTimeAround Phenom

Aug 16, 2013

That's a shame. Good luck in your quest.

9. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Aug 16, 2013

Maybe maybe not. I think I understand her thought process (though she hasn't explained it). We are a title 1 school with more than 90% on either free or reduced lunch. We're also a little different than the norm which brings challenges but we consistently have proven that our program works. Despite our demographics, we have proven we can hold our own even with the top performing schools.
    I think her thought process may be to send a message to our kids that it doesn't matter where you are, you can still reach high.

I hope this makes sense.

10. 2ndTimeAround

2ndTimeAround Phenom

Aug 16, 2013

It also sends the message that those that rise extemely higher than their beginnings yet only get enough money to pay for a state university isn't good enough.

Does your principal truly believe that everyone that tries hard will be able to attend an ivy league school?