I've missed you guys!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by uclalum, Nov 29, 2008.

1. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Nov 29, 2008

I haven't been on AtoZ for a few months but I've missed everyone.:wub:
    I've just been kind of depressed because I'm still not pregnant.:(
    Everyone is telling me to "just relax and it will happen" and I feel like knocking them out (not really, but you know what I mean).
    I went to the doctor and had a couple of tests done (bloodwork, HSG) but still nothing. It's been 6 months!
    Anyway, just wanted everyone to know that I'm still alive.:haha:

3. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Nov 29, 2008

Welcome back :)

Can I smack the "just relax" people for you? Please???? That's got to be the most irritating thing in the world. Yes, it's important to relax and try to to stress toooooooo much, but that's not the end all answer. I know your doc has probably already pointed this out to you, but you're not technically considered as having issues until you've had unprotected sex for 12 months without conceiving. That doesn't make it any easier, but it does help to know the timeline in which they'll do more for you. It's good news that your doc is already doing blood tests though. It means he's trying to eliminate (or confirm) issues that are easier to test for.

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 30, 2008

My sincere sympathies!!

We "tried" for 9 years before adopting Brian. Then 6 months later I was pregant with the older of my 2 girls.

I got the "relax" speech too, both before we became parents and as an explanation for the girls afterwards.

If you need to talk, please feel free to PM me.

5. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Nov 30, 2008

It's good to hear from you! I am so sorry for your difficulties. I was in your position years ago. Be persistent with your doctor.

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 30, 2008

It feels nice to be missed. I'm a member of about 5 boards, but I'm just drawn to posting on this one a whole lot more.

Anyway, I'm sorry about your situation. I don't hv kids yet nor hv I been trying, but I hv 2 friends who've been trying. One of them has had about 3 surgeries, done this & that. (Don't ask what they all were, I don't know exactly.) She's fighting trying to keep from getting depressed too. So I feel your pain. :(

7. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2008

Been there, done that - it took us six years to have our daughter, but it did happen! That was over 21 years ago, so I know there are new meds and stuff that you may be able to benefit from. Telling someone to just relax is like ignoring the 500-pound gorilla in the room, isn't it?

8. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Nov 30, 2008

We've missed you! :hugs:

I'm sorry about not conceiving yet. I know you have probably heard this before, but when the time is right, you will get pregnant. I'm glad that your doctor is already starting to run test to eliminate possible causes.

9. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Nov 30, 2008

Glad you're back too!

Has your DH been checked out yet?

There will be a perfect day for conception and then birth. Keep us posted!

10. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Nov 30, 2008

Thanks for all of the positive thoughts. I can't wait for the day that I get to make a post (all in capital letters:D) that I am pregnant. Hopefully this will be my month. Each month my hopes are so high.
    I'm glad I'm back. I was starting to go through AtoZ withdrawl!:haha:

11. scooter503

scooter503 Comrade

Nov 30, 2008

Keep your hopes up. I just found out this weekend that someone close to me is pregnant, and they had been trying for over two years! If you pray, do it! I prayed for this person a lot!