It's the first day of school and....

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by newbie0809, Aug 23, 2010.

1. newbie0809

newbie0809 Companion

Aug 23, 2010

I have no teaching job..no interview..not even a phone call or email that anyone was interested :(

Now to wait another whole year..

3. teach1312

teach1312 New Member

Aug 23, 2010

I am in the same boat as you are newbie0809. I have spent the past two years looking for a job in Ohio and this summer was the worst , only one interview for a part-time position that I didn't get. I am going to sub again and hope that something opens up mid-school year.

4. NCALIFTeacher

NCALIFTeacher Rookie

Aug 23, 2010

Hey, hang in there! I was also feeling pretty down as the months progressed and I kept submitting application after application after application--with little to show for all of my hard work! :| Yes, I've been invited to a handful of interviews but I don't believe they were truly looking for someone to hire (someone they didn't already know, that is).

I just think of this time as good experience (interview wise as well as the opportunity to check out districts I wasn't familiar with--believe me the 'shopping' works both ways) and hope for the best next time around. Keep yourself busy and remember that you can always try again! :)

5. Miss Snix

Miss Snix Companion

Aug 23, 2010

Hugs to you all...I have been in the same boat the past 4 years and know exactly how you all feel! :(
    Try and stay positive (I know how hard that is), something will eventually come our way and we will all make wonderful contributors to very lusky schools one day!

6. TXowl

TXowl Companion

Aug 23, 2010

Keep your head up! It's only the first day. With enrollment numbers the schools are still posting jobs. I found half a dozen new ones today (the first day in local districts) and emailed each principal and got a call for an interview. You never know. You just have to be vigilant in checking for openings.