It's that time of year again!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by DisLauraT, Dec 31, 2012.

1. DisLauraT

DisLauraT Rookie

Dec 31, 2012

Hi Everyone!

Who is gearing up for job application season for the 2013-2014 school year!

I was lucky for the 2012-2013 school year. I am teaching 3rd grade in the school I grew up in. However, my position is a leave of absence position and my job is up in the air for next year.

I am updating my resume and am stuck. I graduated in December 2010. I student taught in the Fall of 2010 in a 1st grade classroom. During college, I accumulated over 100 practicum hours in various grade level classroom. I taught kindergarten in May of 2011 for a 3 month maternity leave and am currently teaching 3rd grade. Between my maternity leave and my current position, I worked at a children's book distribution company. I also teach ballet to 3 and 4 year olds.

I am unsure if I should continue to list each individual school's practicum hours from college. It seems like a waste of space. I would rather list my more current positions.

I live in the Chicago area and it is rough finding a job around here. It's all about who you know it seems. I did apply for my Florida certificate too and have been approved. I went for several job fairs last year in Florida, but no luck there either. I am going to apply in Illinois and Florida for this school year. I am looking mostly in the Orlando area.

Does anyone have any resume advice for me? I would be happy to email my resume to people who will constructively critique it! Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Happy New Year! And Good Luck to everyone applying for jobs this year! :D