It's Show Time

Discussion in 'New Teachers Archives' started by nasimi77, Sep 4, 2006.

1. nasimi77

nasimi77 Groupie

Sep 4, 2006

Well kids, tomorrow is my first day on the job. :D (staff mtgs for 2 days, kids come on the 7th). I feel like I'm getting on board a train and ready to take a long, exciting journey. (sorry for the corniness).;) I feel kind of emotional today, too. It's like, after 5 yrs of subbing, I finally have my own classroom. I just want to thank all the great people on this site!:love: I have learned so much from you all, and I know I will continue to do so. Now, to figure out what to wear tomorrow, lol. I own so many pairs of jeans, it's awful. My "professional" wardrobe is rather meek. We are taking staff photos tomorrow too. Well, those are nice things to worry about for a change, instead of, "How will I pay my October rent!!!???" :cool:
    I just felt like sharing, and wishing you all a Happy Labor Day, and a productive school year....wether that be as a teacher, a para, a tutor, an office worker, whatever! We all have one thing in common: We are teachers...classroom or not.:angel:

3. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Sep 4, 2006

Good luck this week!! :)

4. nasimi77

nasimi77 Groupie

Sep 4, 2006

Thanks Beth! :)

5. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

Sep 4, 2006

Good Luck! Tomorrow was supposed to be my first day with the students, but due to the tropical storm it will only be a "teacher work day" with no students. I am relieved because there are still a few things I want to touch up :) I just found out 2 hours ago.

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 4, 2006

It's our first teaching day. I met with my 7th graders for 15 minutes on Friday. The older, returning kids come in for the first time, everyone has extended homeroom so the older kids can get their schedules, and then we hit the ground running with 28 minute periods.

My first quiz is scheduled for Thursday :)

Here's to a great year for all of us!!

(And I have no idea what I'm wearing tomorrow either!!)

7. mnteacherguy

mnteacherguy Companion

Sep 4, 2006

My classroom is all ready to go, and I have the first week planned out for the most part. Got my extra duty for the quarter today and I'm ready to rock and roll, but nervous at the same time!!! Any hints for that first day?!?!

8. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 4, 2006

I'm one step ahead of some of you...have my clothes picked out for tomorrow. I'm feeling a little "strange" about tomorrow; I'm teaching Special Ed this year and I won't start pulling kids until next week, so I'll be working in the office tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to seeing my kids from last year, although it will be bittersweet seeing them follow other teachers to their classrooms.

Good luck to everyone starting tomorrow, and I second the wishes for a great year!

9. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Sep 4, 2006

Good luck nasimi, I'm excited for you! :) Tomorrow starts my 14th year of teaching. The only thing I'm worried about is waking up on time. I hate mornings!!!! UGH! This summer went too fast. I'm sure I'll be back into the swing of things in no time. Have a great year everyone.

10. TeachwLove

TeachwLove Rookie

Sep 4, 2006

Congratulations on your new job, Nasimi. I am about to enter my teacher's certificate program, and it is so exciting to see people achieving their goals on this board! I hope you have an amazing year, filled with blessings.

11. nasimi77

nasimi77 Groupie

Sep 4, 2006

((big hugs to you all)) How exciting! Thanks for all your kinds words. :love: (quite frankly, I'm glad summer is over....but that's because I had no money!) :D Ok, I actually styled my hair..major accomplishment here folks. ;) Now, the dreaded trip to my closet......still don't know what I'm wearing.:rolleyes:

12. nasimi77

nasimi77 Groupie

Sep 4, 2006

Congrats on 14 yrs Kinderkids! :love: Oh, I know what you mean about waking up on time. Our meeting doesn't start until 9am, but still compared to waking up at noon for the past week...this is going to be interesting!:eek:

13. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Sep 5, 2006

All best to you, nasimi. You're going to do fine.

14. nasimi77

nasimi77 Groupie

Sep 5, 2006

Thanks TG. ;)

15. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Sep 5, 2006

Keep us up to date, nasimi. They are lucky to have you!

Best of luck for a great start to the new school year everyone. Let's all keep perspective and remember that we can't get as much done as we'd like, that being good role models for our students is a big job in itself, that we make a difference every day by doing our best, but we need not sacrifice our sanity for the job.

16. nasimi77

nasimi77 Groupie

Sep 5, 2006

Well said, Upsadaisy....and thank you!

Today went just terrific. We had OSHA training, and then lunch was provided. I then worked on lesson plans in my room until 6:30pm!! I am worn out now. I feel really blessed to be working with such an amazing staff. I sat next to bro-in-law today during lunch. I really feel @ home at this school. :):love:

17. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Sep 5, 2006

Nasimi-
    I too, am very happy for you. From the very beginning, this sounded like the right place for you to be. It's also nice to have family so close by too:love: .. I know you will be an asset to your students and school!!!!!! :angel:

and to all the rest of you teachers- veterans and newbies...... realize that you all have gifts to share with others, so get out there and get going.

and as Billy Crystal once said, I hope you all look Mahhhhhhhvelous darling!!!!:D :D

18. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Sep 5, 2006

They are lucky to have you! Sounds like you will have an amazing year! I'm so happy for you! :)

19. nasimi77

nasimi77 Groupie

Sep 5, 2006

(((thanks Kinderkids and Frizz!))):)