It's SATURDAY!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Jem, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 16, 2011

Ah it's the 16th & now 28 days left of work for me, but I start grad school on Mon for the 2nd time! I just finished washing my car before it got too hot outside.

I've got 2 more free movie tickets & Souplantation coupons, so maybe I'll go to those today. Plus, got my tax refund the other day! I'm rolling in $...for the moment, but I'm making it last. The Pet Expo is this weekend in a neighboring county, but I don't really feel like going this yr. I usually go every other yr.

2. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 16, 2011

Pouring rain here today; a good day to curl up on the couch with my laptop and my marking and watch the baseball game.

3. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Apr 16, 2011

It is snowing over here. I'm planning on a doing a tiny bit of cleaning and then nothing until tonight.

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Apr 16, 2011

We're looking at a real storm this afternoon into tonight.

That's OK; we'll be in the mall.

I'm trying to get the winter clothes put away-- so it's load after load after load of the spring stuff, to freshen it up before I put it into the bureaus and closets.

5. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Apr 16, 2011

Got up early and did some work on my tomatoes... darn birds finally discovered them. Over 100 tomatoes now covered in pantyhose for protection. Now on to laundry and checking out two new books for school that were just delivered!

And for the cuteness factor: I have strawberry plants in hanging baskets, attached to a palm tree out front. A bunny spent about 30 minutes this morning sniffing, hopping, and sitting under them, trying to figure out how to get to them :)

6. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 16, 2011

Today it is rainy and the green grass is covered with a sprinkle of snow from last night. Awful weather for April.
    Neighbor and husband are tiling our bathroom floor and it is awesome.
    I am cooking dinner for them, baked chicken, dressing/gravy, sweet potatoes, flavored rice, garlic bread and cheesy broccoli.

7. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Apr 16, 2011

This Saturday was a long time coming. I still have 3 days of work next week before my "spring break" which is really just a long weekend.

Already today I got up and got dinner into the crock pot, then we went to the farmer's market for brunch and shopped a little. ran to the grocery store and then to our favorite local coffee shop and home to watch DVR'ed Bill Maher. I need to fill out my application so that I can be a "laptop" classroom next year. (We are going to 1:1 laptops over the next 4 years - this is year 2 so we have to apply to be one of the classrooms that have them). We might go look at cars but it is raining.

Tomorrow I am going to the town where I used to live and meeting my best friend (90 min drive for both of us instead of 3 hours for one of us). Going to Cheesecake Factory and am happy to go to a decent Macy's instead of the horrible one here. Then heading into town to my favorite gourmet cupcake shop. Then I might drop in on another friend's wedding craft day before heading home.

8. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Apr 16, 2011

Well I would love to be outside riding my bike or going to the fair that's this weekend but it's still chilly here for Spring! My dog is curled up on the blanket and I'm just relaxing on the laptop. Tonight, I want to go to a store to get some things but other than that, today feels like a Sunday with relaxation and enjoying my time with my husband and our dog - maybe go to a park.

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 16, 2011

Had an awesome spring break....hiked, traveled, saw old friends, relaxed...
    Today is getting gloomy and chilly out. Spending the afternoon working on report cards, watching the Yankees, and checking in here.

10. TiffanyL

TiffanyL Cohort

Apr 16, 2011

Peace rally this morning at my Peacebuilder school. We had a great time. My top discipline 5th and 6th graders led the event and did an awesome job. Love seeing how kids can begin to realize there is more to life than fighting, graffiti, and drugs. Here's hoping they remember today for a long time.

11. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Apr 16, 2011

We spent our Saturday at an Earth Fest on base. It was awesome! I even got 8 of those reusable bags. Plan to keep them in my trunk for grocery trips. The kids had a blast too. It was well organized. Then we curled up and watched a movie.

Today (Sunday here) it is rainy. It's the end of our spring break. It's the only day I have absolutely nothing planned. We obviously aren't going to the beach. I think I need to catch up on laundry and think about a food plan for the week.

12. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 16, 2011

Sounds powerful, Tiffany!

13. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Apr 16, 2011

What a fantastic day! I went with a friend to a drawing class for presenters. The instructor showed us how to sketch to communicate ideas. Kind of like you see in these RSA animates. After that, we walked her dog for two hours, just catching up. It's been ages since I had a girlfriend day!

14. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 16, 2011

My BF & I ate at a good Chinese buffet place that we like, then walked around the crowded mall where I got some good Privo by Clarks shoes on sale. We got some milkshakes on the way home. It's pretty hot today, which tires you out, otherwise, we may have stayed out longer.

15. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Apr 16, 2011

Picked up Step daughter she needed a ride to the other side of town. She helped me clean up the Apartment, Terri is in CA again (Ontario).
    I am going to tell her to ask for a Company car.
    Later next week she may have to be in Albuquerque. I may get to go!(me and DeeHoGee)
    Thank God for Email and Texting

16. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Apr 16, 2011

It was a spontaneous Saturday over here. We woke up and went to Crossfit for a brutal workout (1000 m run, relays, 200 m run, 50 deadlifts, 50 pull-ups, 50 push-ups, 100 walking lunges, 200 m run), grabbed Jamba Juice and came home to relax. Then I remembered there was a clothing swap this afternoon over in the East Bay and dh amazingly agreed to go with me. So we hopped in the shower and drove over and I got some really cute 'new' clothes (and cleaned out my closet in the process!). Then we stopped for crazy spontaenous hot dogs, went to Ikea to return a duvet cover and get frozen swedish meatballs for dinner tomorrow and came home. Now it's more relaxing and working on Sprout.

Tomorrow is a blank slate. Probably just relaxing around the house, working more on Sprout.

17. Major

Major Connoisseur

Apr 16, 2011

Dave.......... probably should know but don't.......... who's Terri???

thanks.. trying to watch Dallas - Portland playoff game........:lol:

18. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Apr 16, 2011

did a whole lot of nothing today. I did do laundry and relaxed. DH put the 1st coat of paint in the nursery!

19. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Apr 17, 2011

Yesterday I was at the school with my drama kids from 7-3 working on the sets. Then we went to my husband's college reunion. Today we're going back to the reunion and I need to go grocery shopping at some point.

20. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 17, 2011

Fun! :love:

21. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Apr 17, 2011

My significant other, girlfriend, almost wife, roommate, the owner of my next house, current best friend, patron, supporter, acquaintance
    accomplice, compatriot, associate, colleague, sidekick, BFF, ...

22. Major

Major Connoisseur

Apr 19, 2011

If I called my wife my "sidekick" I'd probably be sleeping in one of the guest bedrooms......... :lol::lol:

Meanwhile I would be explaining that in Texas "sidekick" is a special term for endearment....... (She's from Pittsburgh..... so she might just buy into this)...........:p:p