it's my own fault

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by brandy, May 4, 2010.

1. brandy

brandy Rookie

May 4, 2010

I can't believe what i did. I just blew a chance any chance i had at getting my dream job or any job it seems like for that matter. I emailed that principal again and she said that my online application did not include a certification so she was unable to consider me for interviewing for the position. I sent my resume in the mail to the school (with certification on the resume), i emailed the principal multiple times and stated that ii have a master's degree and teaching experience and all because i did some stupid, careless mistake and did not check off the box to fill in certification i don''t even get a chance to interview. I feel so stupid and hopeless. how stupid of me.

3. Backroads

Backroads Aficionado

May 4, 2010

I am so sorry! Gah, that's one of those extreme kick-yourself moves.

However... it also makes me a little upset at the principal. Sounds like a big fan of the red tape world.

My advice: go break something of no value, eat some ice cream, sulk for awhile, then consider the possibility the guy was a moron.

4. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

May 4, 2010

Okay...calm down...You aren't stupid. We're all guilty of not reading or not clicking....It's a lesson learned....Hold your chin up high...correct the application so you are ready for the next opening. This was one position!

5. texjess2010

texjess2010 Companion

May 4, 2010

i agree...this sounds like a mistate that any person from any school that is worth working for would definately be able to understand. i say yep, break a non-valuable thing and/or go run or something and hop back on! it'll be ok. good luck:)

6. Sagette

Sagette Companion

May 4, 2010

Don't beat yourself up!! You did not blow your chances of ever getting a job! The principal probably gets many, many applicants. If everyone forgot to click the certification buttons, well, she would have a lot more reading to do. Unfortunately, for you, it sounds like this principal uses this as a way to weed out candidates. Now you know, and you'll make sure to submit everything in the future. Good Luck!

7. WhatchaDoin?

WhatchaDoin? Comrade

May 4, 2010

I read this part really fast, and I thought it said "go run over something." Well, that would do the trick for me...

I agree with the other posters. Don't kick yourself over this one too much. I've probably done things similar, and just haven't even found out they were incomplete.

8. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

May 4, 2010

Hahah, I thought it said run over too and didn't realize otherwise til your post!

Dont worry about it, there will be other opportunities!

9. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

May 4, 2010

:oops:Surely, the P will give you another chance. And stop kicking yourself. We are human. We make mistakes.

10. brandy

brandy Rookie

May 4, 2010

Thanks

Thanks everyone. I am much calmer now (and not quite as dramatic).
    The thing is, it wasn't even required online to fill in
    information about certification. I realize that I should have but
    1. It should have been obvious by looking
    at my cover letter and resume and 2. My application
    was still complete even without the certification info.
    Or else the website would have said my application was incomplete.
    It just seems like a petty and unnecesary reason.
    The reason I get so upset is because there are so few job
    posting, especially in my certification area, that even 1 position seems like it could be the only 1. I feel like I can't afford to
    make any mistakes.
    Thanks again for the kind words--not sure what
    I should "run over" but I bet it would make
    me feel better (just kidding--the roads are safe)

11. WhatchaDoin?

WhatchaDoin? Comrade

May 4, 2010

Bubble Wrap!!!!!! The kind with the super big bubble!

12. texjess2010

texjess2010 Companion

May 4, 2010

:) wow! don't i feel sadistic:) lol...DO NOT RUN OVER ANYTHING!!!!

seriously though ...there are worse things to do then make a silly error and i am a true believe in fate. if this p is that unforgiving, you may have just realized that you have avoided a year of h..e...double hockey sticks:)

13. Unbeknownst

Unbeknownst Cohort

May 4, 2010

Hey, don't worry, I pulled an even WORSE move about a week ago. I sent an email to the principal that said something like this:

"Principal such and such,

I just wanted to know if there is any more positions available at Whitehouse ISD. Whitehouse ISD is the school I would love to teach at. The faculty and community at Whitehouse ISD is ...." blah blha blha blah blah, you get the point.

I sent this to the White Oak principal :eek:

Still not sure if I'm over that one... :lol:

14. TiffanyL

TiffanyL Cohort

May 4, 2010

Don't beat yourself up over it. In normal times, the P might have just overlooked it. Right now, however, many districts are screening applications by looking for simple typos or errors that you described, which gets the app thrown out.

The reason is because there are soooo many applications out there right now, more than typical times.

I'm not sure if that's how it is where you are at but, nonetheless, I guess it just requires us to be even more diligent when applying.

15. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

May 4, 2010

Ditto to Tiffany. Unfortunately, especially in areas with high volumes of candidates, the littlest typo can be cause for elimination.

But let's look at what you've learned here-you will always proofread from now on, right?