It's CHRISTMAS EVE!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Aliceacc, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 24, 2009

3. fast chalk

fast chalk Comrade

Dec 24, 2009

SO CUTE AND LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!

:hugs: THANKS A LOT :hugs:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!! :peace:

4. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Dec 24, 2009

Alice...you remind me of the lil ones with the title... they woke saying does Santa come tonite?!?

5. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Dec 24, 2009

I woke up at 7am and there's still so much to do!! I have been wrapping presents for an hour and I don't even have kids! I had to hide the presents for my dog and my sister's dog because my little angel has been sniffing around like a bloodhound all morning. I guess he read the word PETCO on the bag!!

6. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Dec 24, 2009

I love this time of year, I'm spending time with my sweet puppy, and I can't help but being so happy that things are so much better this year. Last Christmas Eve my guy was getting surgery on his hand.

I'm so truly happy, I love this time of year.

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Dec 24, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! I love this time of year!! and there's actually call for snow sometime today!!!! WWOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!

8. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Dec 24, 2009

We got home from our east coast trip at one this morning. DH has to work until about noon, and I have to go buy a ham! DD comes in tonight, and my best friend won't get here until late Christmas evening, but I still have to wrap their gifts. Thank goodness, DH's DVD of Dr. Zhivago arrived while we were away - it was the only thing he asked for. He said he doesn't have anything for me, which is fine, because we'll shop after Christmas, and I might go for a piece of jewelry... I usually manage to talk myself out of indulgences, though.

9. blindteacher

blindteacher Cohort

Dec 24, 2009

Merry, merry Christmas!

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 24, 2009

Merry Christmas! This is my favorite holiday, I just wish it would snow here during this time of the year. Unless I moved OR went somewhere else for Chirstmas, it will never happen where I am.

11. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Dec 24, 2009

and it's my birthday! Unfortunately, I had the flu the last couple of days and haven't accomplished anything. I don't know how I am going to pull it off as I am still weak and dizzy and have no energy. Grocery shopping feels really daunting - eating sounds really daunting. Can I go back to bed?

12. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Dec 24, 2009

Happy Birthday to you too, scmom! It's my birthday as well :D.

I'm heading to bed after lunch. We went to the "town square" this morning, and came back and now it's lunch time and I've been up since 3:30. If I can justify a nap, so can you :D.

13. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Dec 24, 2009

Happy birthday, scmom and mmswm!!

We're enjoying a relaxing day over here-dh is out running, I'm watching tv with my brother and dad, and mom is getting ready to join me in walking the mall. We've both got pedometers on and we're having daily contests to see who can walk the most. It doesn't help that I sleep in three hours later than she does... ;)

14. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Dec 24, 2009

Merry Christmas! This is the "big one" in my family - Christmas Day we usually sit around and recover ;) Big dinner, couple bottles of wine, little brother and SIL down, kitty will tear through wrapping paper, the Traditional Yuletide Embarrassment To End All Embarrassments.

When I was really little, I was kind of confused about who came down the chimney, because on Christmas Eve, Baby Jesus comes to visit first, then Santa Claus. I used to get really worried about a baby coming down the chimney with a fire lit under it. And the fact that my dad would leave him a can of beer and some cookies. I wasn't so sure about Baby Jesus' parents back in the day :lol: So in 1st grade I in went school (Catholic, no less) right before Christmas and let the priest know that God and Mary and Joseph were going to get arrested for child abuse if they didn't start taking better care of Jesus and stop him from drinking beer and eating cookies before bedtime and going down chimneys with lit fires and I have a mean cat that will scratch him and he's just a BABY, DO SOMETHING!

So, yes: My yearly dose of shame. It is retold every year. Merry Christmas!

15. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Dec 24, 2009

That is a great story! It just shows you how kids get stuff mixed up in their minds.

16. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Dec 24, 2009

:lol: :toofunny: :rofl: :toofunny:

You just made my day.

17. teaching4God

teaching4God Cohort

Dec 24, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!!!

18. goopp

goopp Devotee

Dec 24, 2009

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope everyone has all they need and gets most of what they want this Christmas!

19. GoldenPoppy

GoldenPoppy Habitué

Dec 24, 2009

I haven't laughed this hard in ages. That is priceless!