It's Amazing!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Darkhorse, May 22, 2009.

1. Darkhorse

Darkhorse Companion

May 22, 2009

With the help of DH and 4 different people at work, I was able to get my entire room packed by 4:30 today! It all happened in ONE DAY!! Hooray!!

To put it in perspective it took me 5 days last year to get my room packed and I had tons more stuff this year. Everyone was amazed at the amount of stuff I have accumulated in only two years of teaching. But I'm done! Summer break, here I come.

Now I'm going to bed.:p

3. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

May 22, 2009

Congrats! I am packing mine a little at a time so that, by the end of the school year, it will all be done. I hope! :)

4. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

May 23, 2009

Do you have to pack it up at the end of every year?

5. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

May 23, 2009

Darkhorse, Monday is a workday for us and my dh is off. He has agreed to help me get my room clean then and my para is also willing to help.

6. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

May 23, 2009

I had a WONDERFUL parent who came in last week & took all of my things off of my walls. I am planning on painting a wall next week and still need to clean up my desk area. Other than that, I am done too :) I still have 2 workdays next week to get it done.

7. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

May 23, 2009

So, any tips? This will be my 9th year packing up my room and it always takes a long time. We have only one day to get it done this year. I could start now, but I hate packing up when the students are still here. We try so hard to stress that we teach up until the last day and then we pack up around them? So I try to leave it all, but, with 11 days left right now, I'm getting antsy!

8. Darkhorse

Darkhorse Companion

May 23, 2009

I have changed grades each year so I have had to move classrooms. I was in 2nd last year, 3rd this year, and I will be in 2nd again next year. They are also doing construction in the building this year and all of 3rd grade had to completely pack their rooms. The other teachers only have to clear their walls and get everything off the floors.

I am the same way. I started taking things off the walls and someone boxed all my classroom library books before the kids left. But that was about it. I kept thinking that I would need certain things and avoided packing most everything. I'm also very anal about how things are packed. I want everything counted, organized and accounted for. That's why it took me so long last year.

But this year I only had Friday to pack (Thursday was the last day of school) because the construction starts Tuesday morning. All my stuff is going into storage at the school. DH had the day off and I made him come help me for a few hours. I also had other teachers come in for a few hours and help as well. So I pretty much just covered my eyes and put things in boxes to get it done. I am not looking forward to unpacking it all next year.:eek:hmy: