It makes me sick! (flood update)

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by myKroom, Jun 24, 2011.

1. myKroom

myKroom Habitué

Jun 24, 2011

This is the worst summer EVER!!!!!!

The Army Corp of Engineers increased the flow of water again yesterday! :( I've been lucky and my town has missed it, but with this increase, heavy rain, and more rain in the forecast I fear we won't miss too much longer! The entire situation makes me sick!! Seeing these towns completely DESTROYED in a disaster that could have been prevented or at least reduced had the Corp done their job! I'm scared to go on any trip even for a weekend because I don't know if I will be able to get back to my house! The majority of my valuables are in safe places and my house is nearly empty...which means I'm bored out of my mind!!!! This isn't going away either...they are continuing releases until mid August AT LEAST!

Isn't summer supposed to be stress free????

3. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jun 24, 2011

HUGS to you!!! I'm so sorry you have to go through this. It's just sad that some places are so dry & others flooding!!!

4. TeacherApr

TeacherApr Groupie

Jun 24, 2011

So sorry to hear = ( I have a friend in N.Dakota where it is insane over there!

5. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jun 24, 2011

The idea truly does make my stomach do a little flip...seriously. It's horrible when it happens quite naturally, but when someone is "pushing a button" to flood your farmland and home it's quite another level of devastation.

6. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jun 24, 2011

Awwww I'm sorry you are having to deal with this and hopefully things will improve very soon.

I don't live in a flood-prone area so why would they be "trying" to flood an area? I haven't seen much national news with the trial on HLN almost all the time.