It is late and the naughty side of me appears...:)

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Tired Teacher, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Cohort

Nov 10, 2019

It's probably best not to use names on this post. Who was your worst teacher and why?
    Mine was my kindergarten teacher. I already knew how to read fairly well and she insisted we do a phonics book with mice on it. That book was around for many years.
    That is not what made her such a bad teacher. Almost everyday she started class with , "Alright , boys and girls! Today I have a headache." She would say it in a monotone voice like that male teacher in Ferris Buellar's (SP?)Day Off.
    Often she'd tell us we could have free play if we were very quiet. I was always so excited because I really wanted to play in a kid's kitchen area.
    Then within a very short time, I am betting minutes, the boys or someone would make noise which made her headache worse.
    She'd say, " No! This is not going to work. We are going to have nap time." We'd have to pull out some old straw mats and lay still and quiet. I never fell asleep because my parents believed kids should be in bed by 7 pm.
    So most of my kindergarten year was spent laying still on a straw mat. Right before it was time to go home, she'd let us get up and have a graham cracker. We never had recess because kindergarten had been put in an annex of a HS. Then we walked to the bus.
    I found out when I was a teen that she was an alcoholic. No wonder she had headaches in the morning!

3. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Nov 10, 2019

I had one math teacher who paid zero attention to anyone not on the softball team. He gave out work, then sat at his desk and talked. The class was awful. There were over 40 of us in there, and about a month into school they opened up another section and asked for volunteers to switch. I went immediately.

Tired Teacher likes this.
  4. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Cohort

Nov 10, 2019

You got lucky! That would not be fun! :) We had about 40 kids in our classes too when I grew up. I have a super common 1st name for my age and there were 4 other girls in that class that shared the same 1st name with me.