It has happened! Runaways!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by scholarteacher, Nov 28, 2011.

1. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

Nov 28, 2011

Indeed, our little gingerbread people did run away to see the world! Please let us know where you see them, and a little bit about your little corner of the world! We anticipate their safe return by the 16th,
    as they always reappear before the holiday break! But we will learn much about the world in the meantime--with your help! Thanks from my kindergarteners and me!

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Nov 28, 2011

I never thought I'd see a gingerbread person riding one of San Diego's iconic red trolleys... but, by golly, one was waving out the window of the westbound trolley that went by my house just now. She could be headed to the San Diego Zoo to visit the komodo dragons or perhaps to the Maritime Museum on San Diego's waterfront to tour the Star of India, which is the oldest active sailing ship in the world. She could then board a flight at Lindbergh Field, San Diego's airport, or even hop the Coast Starlight train all the way to Seattle!

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 28, 2011

I KNOW I saw them in Herald Square for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade in NYC!!! One was a handler for the Spiderman balloon, and I'm fairly sure I saw another helping feed the reindeer on Santa's float. The parade wound through the streets of Manhattan, and thousands of people waved and cheered as they went by.

5. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Nov 28, 2011

I think they must have caught a plane because amazingly they were seen across the world on a tropical island of Okinawa, Japan. They were wearing scuba diving gear and exploring underwater ocean animals. Then they put on a swim suit and went snorkeling and swimming. Yes, you can swim here in November! Do not be surprised if they tell you how yummy sushi is and tell you they did not eat with a fork or their fingers. People here eat with chopsticks.

6. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Nov 28, 2011

Those little gingerbread people have been busy! Last Sunday, they were in Toronto for the 107th annual Santa Claus parade and they were seated right beside Mrs. Claus during her first appearance in the parade! The night before the parade, the enjoyed watching the Toronto Maple Leafs play (and beat) the Washington Capitals at the Air Canada Centre.

7. Shanoo

Shanoo Habitué

Nov 28, 2011

I saw gingerbread people in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, climbing aboard the schooner Bluenose II. They then took a quick trip up the road to Peggy's Cove where they explored the rocky coastline and saw the famous lighthouse!

8. beccmo

beccmo Comrade

Nov 28, 2011

You know, I swear I saw those gingerbread people visiting the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They also were at Great Lakes Science Center playing with the cool hands on science exhibits. Later they caught a show at Cleveland's Playhouse Square.

9. scholarteacher

Nov 29, 2011

These are fabulous! Thank you! Anxious to hear more! :)

10. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Nov 29, 2011

I think gingerbread folks who visited beccmo are headed southwest, because there was a group here in Columbus! They wanted to play in the new fountain at Bicentennial Park, but it's a little chilly and soggy gingerbread is never a good idea. So, I took them for ice cream at Jeni's, which is becoming famous around the country. We then went to see the field of concrete corn cobs and the building that looks like a giant picnic basket. We topped off the day at The Ohio State University watching a basketball game. What a fun day!

11. scholarteacher

Nov 29, 2011

This great! I printed some beautiful pictures and clicked on everyone's links! Thanks for helping out with our project!

12. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Nov 29, 2011

I think I saw one of your little guys today here in Fargo, ND. They might have been a little disappointed though, because we're having an unusually warm Winter. There's not even a single flake of snow on the ground yet! They took advantage of the warm weather to cross the river and go visit the Historical and Cultural Society of Clay County (Moorhead, MN), where they got to see a full size replica of a Viking Ship. Then, they headed back onto the ND side and visited the Children's Museum at Yunker Farm. While they were crossing the Red River of the North, they showed how observant they really are, and noticed that the Red flows North! There aren't too many North-flowing rivers in the Northern Hemisphere, so they thought it was really cool to watch! They didn't get to see it last year, since by the time they go on their escapades, the river is normally frozen solid.

13. scholarteacher

Nov 30, 2011

Thanks, mmswm! ND is one of the 8 states I've never visited! Sounds like a cool place! Thanks so much!

14. iloveschool

iloveschool Companion

Nov 30, 2011

I saw them this morning! They were rounding up a huge herd of cattle here in Texas. They were riding beautiful horses and were wearing cowboy hats and boots! They told me to tell your class "Howdy Yall"!

15. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2011

I know I saw some gingerbread men out at the beach this afternoon... surfing, kite sailing, and catching a little sun! I overheard one say they were going to check out the Navy Seal Museum after their lunch http://www.navysealmuseum.com/ and then head over to Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute (http://www.fau.edu/hboi/) for a tour and a peek at the yellow submarine!